• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Understable Mid

Thanks for all the feedback. I stopped by the shop at my local course and the offerings were limited but I came across a DX Stingray and a Gateway Mystic in a DX feeling plastic. I'm intrigued my the Mystic because I like the flight of the Magic and they are the same company/flight ratings and similar profile.

Has anybody thrown a Mystic? Obviously it's not an extremely popular mold but I think it may cover what I'm looking for. Felt good in the hand. The owner offered to let me throw it but the disc was white and I would have felt obligated to buy it if I did. Wish I did now, though.

I have a stone gray proto Mystic but it feels like crap and way too slick, so I never gave it a chance. I plan on buying one soon in HPP plastic to see how it flies alongside my Elements.

The z glide is perfect for this spot, they can be thrown with hyzer RHBH and give you the lefty hyzer shot without rolling. They power down extremely well and will hold a straight to hyzer line at 60-70% power, it flies much like a destroyed rancho roc.

I threw the meteor for years but it had a tendency to land with just enough angle to roll across the fairway regardless of how much initial hyzer they were given. Comets/fuses are a great training disc but I found that on the course when trying to throw a forced turnover or with a swirling wind if your form wasn't perfect they had a tendency to turn into a paper plate mid flight.