• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorited courses

Assuming a person has reviewed their favorite courses, would it make sense to assume that their favorites are their top rated courses?
Not necessarily. Ratings are supposed to be objective and based on the course's own merit. Favorited is a purely subjective comparison of other course based on what you like or consider most important. For example, I place the most importance on scenery and layout vs amenities and I prefer wooded courses.

Last edited:
I think both Dave242 and Mando are right. To me a review is a subjective opinion by definition so it stands to reason you would rate your favorites higher. However most (myself included) also factor in some objective criteria like for instance: amenities, Concrete pads etc, navigation. So to me it is certainly possible that a course that you love to play and have favorited could not be rated incredibly high because of some of the other factors. I will say that my 1st and formost criteria when rating a course is how much i personally enjoy playing the course and then I use some of the objective factors adjust the score.

How do you start that? I would like to do that.

you have to purchase a premier membership from tim for $25 to be able to use the advanced stats sheet.

advanced stats

You can still use the scorebook feature, you just won't have access to the advanced charts and stats, so either way, take advantage of being able to log your scores. In the event that you get a premium membership in the future, the data will already be there for you. I wish I had started keeping my scores last year, I know I've improved, but don't really have anything to compare it to.

Don't forget to factor in the differential of free shipping.

For a long time I didn't even know how to mark the courses I had played; let alone mark my favorites. So that could be some people's issue... They just don't know. For years all I did was use this site to find courses and plan roadtrips... I didn't know there were forums or favorites or scorebook...

I still don't use the scorebook. Maybee I'll start today.
DSCJNKY

A question for Tim, is there an easy way to pull up courses by most favorited ???

America's favorite courses ?

For all of you on the edge of your seats, here's they are (most favorited divided by # played);
Whistler's Bend-56%
Bracket's Bluff-55%
Flip City-52%
Coyote Point-51%
Moraine-49%
Holler in the Hills-48%
Idlewild-47%
Beaver Ranch-47%
Deer Lakes-46%
Water Works-46%

For all of you on the edge of your seats, here's they are (most favorited divided by # played);
Whistler's Bend-56%
Bracket's Bluff-55%
Flip City-52%
Coyote Point-51%
Moraine-49%
Holler in the Hills-48%
Idlewild-47%
Beaver Ranch-47%
Deer Lakes-46%
Water Works-46%

This is awesome I have often wanted to see this list....many thanks....it's interesting to me as I knew that the PA courses were some of the best I have ever played and it's nice to see so many agree.

That list was easy. The one I want to see is the most under-rated courses.
I'm pretty sure Iron Hill would be #1, even though I haven't played it...

Iron Hill is such a tough course that if there was a most despised course as well as a most favorited then Iron Hill could potentially make both lists!

Iron Hill is such a tough course that if there was a most despised course as well as a most favorited then Iron Hill could potentially make both lists!
I kind of muddied the water with that post but what I meant was, under-rated as far as rating... it's got an average rating of 3.6 but it sounds like a top 100 caliber course.

I kind of muddied the water with that post but what I meant was, under-rated as far as rating... it's got an average rating of 3.6 but it sounds like a top 100 caliber course.

gotcha....its a very very good and challenging course that deserves a better rating

I cannot make a choice on which ones are my favorite and which ones aren't. It would certainly be easier for me to list courses that are NOT my favorite :)

You are in good company. I'm guessing that over half don't use the favorited
option.

Whistler's Bend-56%
Bracket's Bluff-55%
Flip City-52%
Coyote Point-51%
Moraine-49%
Holler in the Hills-48%
Idlewild-47%
Beaver Ranch-47%
Deer Lakes-46%
Water Works-46%
These all have the 10 review minimum.
A couple of others with close to 10 reviews are;