• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feeling the weight of your disc (body Momentum from pocket and out)

I hadn't seen that video, thanks, that was interesting.

You can get clay pigeon throwers that are spring powered. You cock them and release them. A clay weighs about 105 grams and flies about 45 mph, I think the spring powered ones are a bit slower.

What I was picturing, and the stuff guy didn't do, was vary the spin by attaching the disc at different points - back of the disc to around the front. I don't know if that would work, but I've tried throwing a disc gripping the near side, and it comes out with no spin like a wounded duck.

There is a way, I'm not sharing. =)

I dug out my machete and cleared some weeds. You're right. I get the same feeling throwing sticks, as I pick up fallen limbs before I mow. And yeah it's hard to transfer that to a disc.

One big difference is grip. I grip a machete like a hammer - the wrist moves in ulnar and radial deviation, never in dorsal or palmar flexion. Hard to hold a disc that way.

It's the body swing I think you want to feel more of and the weight?
I don't 100% get with the machette one, but i can see some things there.

And hammer wise, I definitely don't swing a hammer with my wrist or my elbow. hahaha.
Well, I do, but I don't.

Latest posts