• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FH help

n88n

I have a great putter forehand and solid mid up to about 250. I am starting to work in drivers and hoping to get a dependable 320.

This is a river that went about 270ft.

I don't like working on 7 things at once so please give me 1 or 2 of my biggest mistakes.

https://youtu.be/xGvD1kt0K9U

Thanks!

1. Wrong hand
2. Throw harder and crank it anny

Heh joking obviously...

I like that you're throwing a slight hyzer release with something like a River, that's a great way to throw forehands to let the disc do some work turning/gliding and make sure you stay clean.

The biggest thing to me is that you're leaning back and kind of using the arm early, rather than really leveraging the arm with your body. This video helped me feel how to set up for the forehand, especially the first 5 minutes of it.

Really set up EXACTLY as he shows. It let me feel how to leverage into the front hip and continually power through that hit point. It lets you use your butt to counterweight the shot, so that you can keep accelerating the disc AS you throw, rather than using the arm fast at the beginning and then that's all the speed you have for the entire shot.

1. Wrong hand
2. Throw harder and crank it anny

Heh joking obviously...

I like that you're throwing a slight hyzer release with something like a River, that's a great way to throw forehands to let the disc do some work turning/gliding and make sure you stay clean.

The biggest thing to me is that you're leaning back and kind of using the arm early, rather than really leveraging the arm with your body. This video helped me feel how to set up for the forehand, especially the first 5 minutes of it.

Really set up EXACTLY as he shows. It let me feel how to leverage into the front hip and continually power through that hit point. It lets you use your butt to counterweight the shot, so that you can keep accelerating the disc AS you throw, rather than using the arm fast at the beginning and then that's all the speed you have for the entire shot.

Yes I am purposely working with flippier plastic so I can watch the form. I have great touch but no power.

Thank you for the video. I will watch it over and over.

Thank you for the video. I will watch it over and over.

When this clicked for me I stood up in front of the computer and did exactly what he said and tried to mimic positions as the video was going...so make sure you really feel exactly the weight distribution and how you can swing through on that plane.

I realize it's a steeper angle than you'd almost ever want to throw a disc, but you'll be able to transition it to your normal forehands after. Especially since you like to throw hyzer flips.

The biggest thing to me is that you're leaning back

Thank you for saying that. I sometimes slip out and land on my butt if it is real slippery. So I guess I have too much weight back.

I watched the video and really look forward to trying this with a hammer. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts