• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fights on the course

While playing a practice round on my own I came across a couple. They seemed to be at ends with each other. They mainly were hanging by a tree and I played through while they were having their quarrel. Eventually the male started chasing the female for quite some time. I've never seen such a bad fight before. These sqirrel's around here don't mess around man!
:p;)

*reads OP's location*

*isn't surprised*

I don't know why but Michigan is like the Florida of embarrassing DG stories.

Not sure about that, but I do know that you can tell when the college kids are back in town by the number of beer cans strewn about the course.

*reads OP's location*

*isn't surprised*

I think there might be a correlation in the amount of courses and disc golfers in the area. Michigan i think?? Has near the most in both? Idk for sure

I've been in a fight on the ball golf course but never the disc course. Last summer was a slow round and I was playing my match in the match play event. Anyways this twosome group behind me on hole #11 hits directly into us and hits my cart while Im in it. Clearly on purpose as we were hitting our second shots into the green. So pissed as I was I hit the ball back at them into some deep rough (Im sure its lost) and then yell some nasty words at them. I figure you hit into me and I'll hit into you. Two holes later its backed up on the teebox and they pull up to the 13th green. Im still pissed so I confront the guy and have a face to face yelling match. He turns to walk away and I deck him (cheap shot I know). He gets up with his putter in hand and swings at me hard. I blocked it with my forearm but it also knocked me down. By then my group members ran over and stepped in. Police showed up but they really didnt care about it.

I've never seen a fight, and this story didn't lead to one. But I was playing a casual round with a friend, i'll call him "Tex", and his 8 months pregnant wife was walking along with us. We were throwing our approaches up and a couple guys that caught up to us threw in on us. We hollered back "hey guys, wait til we finish the hole". One guy gestures with his arms up like "What?". We get to the next hole and same thing happens. Tex storms back to the tee box where they're standing, yelling at them that his wife is pregnant and not to f***ing throw at us. He's genuinely pissed, ready to kick some a$$, they weighed the situation and decided to back off. Good move for all involved.

Seen a guy get bitch slapped mid tourney, but no fight.

Not exactly a fight, But I fought to forget it!!

I was playing on a course near my home town, Auburn CA, and for the first 5 holes or so there were these three girls right ahead of us. They seemed to be shootin pretty good and they were really hot. We eventually caught up to them and they let us play through. We introduced ourselves and proceeded to shoot. Well after throwing my disc right into a tree, After my partner threw a halfway decent shot I had the grand idea to go up and shake there hands and say thank you and farewell, Well on the way over to them my foot caught on the strap on my bag, Tipped it over and EVERY disc proceeded to roll down the hill in different directions, I was going to laugh it off and as I did I blew a huge snot rocket out of my nose that landed on my lips and chin. As you can imagine I was horrified and just grabbed my chit and walked away. Every time I think about this incident I shudder.

*reads OP's location*

*isn't surprised*

Why you gotta hate on MI? We aren't all bad.

Yeah give some love to Michigan, we have enough bad rep from our cities, don't be hating on our awesome disc golfers..even though I've played with some rough around the edges type of random people...

Regardless, I don't ever have any issue or have ever seen a confrontation between other people. I guess I have the natural size advantage so I don't ever feel concerned about someone giving me a difficult time. :thmbup:

THey don't call it Wastern for nothing.

Not a fight...

I was at an out of town tournament, got to my tee and while saying hello to one guy in the group another guy comes up chewing Me out and telling Me I should have know better to show up. Confused and slightly offended I ask what He was talking about. After a few more insults thrown My way, It finally clicked that He was talking about someone else. He had a very poor description of who the guy He was really after looked like and I just happened to have on that guys club teeshirt (that I'm not a part of). Anyway after everything was explained and everyone calmed down I had one of the funnest rounds I've ever played. I also decided to retire that shirt...

I played a tourney last year, I think it was last year at least, and some local guys decided to play the course whilst the event was in swing, despite multiple signs saying the course was closed. I got to watch as the TD and one of the locals started yelling and giving each other silly threatening looks. After a few minutes, the TD picks up the local's bag and starts to walk away. The local was obviously angry already and this was the last straw. There was an awkward pushing/falling/struggling/fighting between the two before more people pulled them apart and the cops were called. I think both sides could have handled the situation better, but I was really peeved that I missed my 10 ft. putt when the scuffling broke out.

Latest posts