• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

This is easily the most famous I've become on the forums :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It appears I too will be in the Zirconia club for awhile, as of today I think I'm up to 145 uniques. As I told wellsbranch, seems like I just am going to have to travel to some new parts of the country!

I think I've already thumbed up just about everyone on that list, but I'm going to go through it again to be sure. We need all the help we can get on the quest for 250.

oh i didnt see this thread

you were name dropped yesterday/other day on top 10 movement thread

keep up the solid work :thmbup:

This is easily the most famous I've become on the forums :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It appears I too will be in the Zirconia club for awhile, as of today I think I'm up to 145 uniques. As I told wellsbranch, seems like I just am going to have to travel to some new parts of the country!

I think I've already thumbed up just about everyone on that list, but I'm going to go through it again to be sure. We need all the help we can get on the quest for 250.

My guess is that "travel to new parts of the country" is one key, and the other is to play and review extremely popular courses.

My logic is that people search first to find information about courses they play or plan to play - and that's most often going to be in their immediate area. Then you get the travelers: they're planning overnight trips, and want to be sure they use their time to hit the "best" courses (my example would be Perkerson: how could you be flying in or out of ATL and not consider it?). Finally, you get the people who have interest in reading reviews about the overall highest rated courses, or the ones that are coming up on tour.

I'm currently picking up about 2 new uniques for every 5 reviews I add. That's just on average. It's obviously affected by factors like those I mentioned above. I've also been adding and reviewing some courses that are new to DGCR lately, and I think that brings the average down, because they don't yet have the traffic - of players, or reviewers.

But if my current average continues, that means I have another 175 reviews to write in order to make Diamond. It's probably not that steep a hill - but at 268 now, I probably shouldn't even think about Diamond until around 325.

I am not complaining, or advocating for any changes to the levels.

I enjoy seeing my older reviews get new likes - it's sort of like earning interest on a bank account.

Clearly, I am overthinking this whole thing.

I think playing the most popular courses is the fastest way to get new uniques. My Idlewild review was the one that put me over 250 so there is something to be said for that lol.

Completely agree - Idlewild is by far the review that has given me the most unique voters, and continues to do so from time to time. The next 3 reviews with the largest unique count for me, outside of my earliest reviews? Harmony Bends, Eagles Crossing, and Mt. Airy.

Here's who's currently on 1,000 thumb watch now:

Moose33 | 938 Thumbs
Chained Evil | 936 Thumbs
dndelli | 934 Thumbs
superberry | 924 Thumbs

ZMan44 (961 thumbs) and slomon.trenton (948) have the highest thumb counts under 1,000, but neither of them have written a review since 2014.

Other fun milestones:
BrotherDave (1990), dreadlock86 (1967), and sillybizz (1910) are the next recently active reviewers in line to join the 2,000 thumb club, which has only been done by 18 TRs.

Also, Upshawt1979 (2942) and wolfhaley (2986) look poised to become the 7th and 8th members of the 3,000 thumb club.

Completely agree - Idlewild is by far the review that has given me the most unique voters, and continues to do so from time to time. The next 3 reviews with the largest unique count for me, outside of my earliest reviews? Harmony Bends, Eagles Crossing, and Mt. Airy.

It figures - I played Idlewild back when I was barely writing reviews (and mediocre ones at that). By the time I stared writing detailed reviews I didn't feel like it was appropriate to review Idlewild without playing it again, so I'll have to get back some day. Hopefully going to Harmony Bends next year.

Other fun milestones:
BrotherDave (1990), dreadlock86 (1967), and sillybizz (1910) are the next recently active reviewers in line to join the 2,000 thumb club, which has only been done by 18 TRs.

Looks like I made it! Thanks for all the :thmbup: really appreciate it! :hfive:

Also, Upshawt1979 (2942) and wolfhaley (2986) look poised to become the 7th and 8th members of the 3,000 thumb club.

Well I guess I'm the 7th 3,000 thumbs member. And by over a hundred now due to some unexpected late season reviews not too far from home. Pretty cool, and I wasn't aware that I was in that high of company.

Fun fact: Wellsbranch has double the thumbs up I have.

And less thumbs down :eek:

Talk about impressive!!!

All while creating/maintaining/expanding his own private course. Which looks amazing and is wishlisted. Truly impressive stuff right there :clap::clap::clap:

I appreciate the shout out Ryan. I find it impressive that your wife has joined you for almost 500 different courses now. Shouldn't there be a DGCR medal for that? my wife and I are still at 1.

My wife and I are kinda of sort of at 1. When she comes with me, she bikes. She finished early about a month ago and decided to walk with me on my second round and "hey I'll take video of you", a first time for me. To my Suprise she took video of every single stroke including being lazy and putting with bag on my shoulder and reaching down to pick up disc and dropping in basket, comical. Next time she would like to throw a disc.

I appreciate the shout out Ryan. I find it impressive that your wife has joined you for almost 500 different courses now. Shouldn't there be a DGCR medal for that? my wife and I are still at 1.

Oh, she's actually only about 8 behind me. She doesn't go on DGCR so her "total" is just since I've been scoring on the app, which marks the courses played for both of us. So she's really at about 775.

Not that he ever comes 'round here anymore, but...

I think Mashnut's wife has played a lot of the courses he's hit as well.

My husband has only played about a dozen or so with me but he has Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah for states. :)

My wife's PDGA # is one after mine. She has been playing longer than some of you whippersnappers have been living. Guess I should get her signed up on here?

How many 20 or 30 something's even post here any more? :confused:

For the past couple of years, seems all the activity on this forum is from people who qualify to play in age protected divisions.

Considering the age of folks who post on DGCR, "whippersnapper" refers to someone in their 40's. :\

Am I a whipper snapper at 31? Or is there a level below that?

whip·per·snap·per
/ˈ(h)wipərˌsnapər/

noun informal
a young and inexperienced person considered to be presumptuous or overconfident.