• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

he was definitely one of the people who routinely voted on reviews. i haven't counted but i know i got many from him.

speaking of which, i've noticed that i've been accumulating a lot more votes than usual lately. maybe it's a few very active folks (thanks!) or maybe it's just the critical mass of 285 reviews. i don't have the patience to click on each one looking for a pattern. just an unexpected observation since i've only posted 2 reviews in 2022. that's the lowest number i've ever done in a year but i have 6 weeks left to get at least 2 more to beat the 3 i did in 2015. pretty sure i can get that done.

made it to the 2k club in the last 24 hours. feels good to join elite company

Well done sir :hfive:

Much deserved as well. I thoroughly enjoy your reviews. Always have. You write the type of review I wish mine were more like. Not too long, all the good info and easily digestable. One of my favorite reviewers. Congrats :thmbup:

Now I need to actually PLAY some of the courses you've reviewed. :p

thanks duder!

it's a tough balance between being thorough and writing a novel. i think the hardest part is giving a meaningful description
and conveying a sense of the feel/vibe of a course, rather than a list of amenities or a hole by hole breakdown.

he was definitely one of the people who routinely voted on reviews. i haven't counted but i know i got many from him.

speaking of which, i've noticed that i've been accumulating a lot more votes than usual lately. maybe it's a few very active folks (thanks!) or maybe it's just the critical mass of 285 reviews. i don't have the patience to click on each one looking for a pattern. just an unexpected observation since i've only posted 2 reviews in 2022. that's the lowest number i've ever done in a year but i have 6 weeks left to get at least 2 more to beat the 3 i did in 2015. pretty sure i can get that done.

I've definitely been averaging higher recently. Maybe the winter keeping people from playing so they found DGCR as a fix? There's been some good new reviewers recently.

Encouraging everyone to start/keep reviewing! And reward those that do!

74h6bf.jpg

You got a long way to go

you've been busy

there was a time when i was the only person with 5 digit thumbs up given and nobody else was even close. there are still only 3 people with 5 digits but you've passed me by swiftly in the past year.

you've been busy

there was a time when i was the only person with 5 digit thumbs up given and nobody else was even close. there are still only 3 people with 5 digits but you've passed me by swiftly in the past year.

He's not as grinchy as he comes across sometimes. He even gave me a thumb's up recently :eek:

;)

I have no facts, but I'd wager you, Wells and Craig are the top giver's of thumbs up on here as far as Diamond TR's. I didn't look but I'm guessing Wellsbranch is the other 10,000er?

He's not as grinchy as he comes across sometimes. He even gave me a thumb's up recently :eek:

;)

I have no facts, but I'd wager you, Wells and Craig are the top giver's of thumbs up on here as far as Diamond TR's. I didn't look but I'm guessing Wellsbranch is the other 10,000er?

Yeah, wellsbranch is closing in on 15,000

Guess I feel a bit more like a thumb should be earned, so I'm not quite as generous. I've doled out a little over 6K thumbs. Nearly 25% of them have been :thmbdns:.

Sometimes, I read random reviews on the front page, but almost always hone in on 4.0+ reviews (especially in states I think I might get to), because I want to know what to hit in my travels.

By far the largest contributor to all my unhelpfuls are say nothing reviews for ratings of 4.0+. If you claim a course is excellent (or better), then please say something substantive on the subject.

If you can't say more than it's a great course, or your review wreaks of homerism, your not helping me.

The beauty is, all of us can put our thumbs wherever we want to put them (so to speak). ;)

Last edited:

;)

When I'm bored, I hit the random course button and check out reviews for those courses. I've discovered lots of great reviews that had gotten zero or only a handful of votes.

every time i get on DGCR i look at all the reviews on the front page and as far back as it lets me go. then when i look at those reviews i also go through at least the first page of reviews for that particular course. that's 4-6 times per week. then there's also the reviews i read when researching a new area or planning a trip or just following a rabbit hole. and then there are the courses i have played and reviewed where i read all the reviews and thumb most of them.

in 12 years that got me to almost 20k. the idea of doing that in a year or so makes my brain hurt a little bit.