• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

How many 20 or 30 something's even post here any more? :confused:

For the past couple of years, seems all the activity on this forum is from people who qualify to play in age protected divisions.

Considering the age of folks who post on DGCR, "whippersnapper" refers to someone in their 40's. :\

I think there are more 20 or 30 somethings than we may think, at least observing, if not participating. If I see a new name "nice" a post, I'll check them out. Since earlier in the year, there's an 18-yearold whose followed my reviews, has played a little more than a year, and posted his first ace. The ace is the only time I've seen a post from him. I just pulled him up, and he was on here this morning. A twentysomething in my area started playing a year ago, was bagging courses I've played, and posting scores. Disappeared about 6 months ago. I'll keep their names silent.

The question is how we keep them coming back and the younger generations, and all staying with us, and perhaps they'll be inspired to eventually participate more. Wolfhaley did a good thing a few weeks ago, encouraging others to write their first reviews. Olorin, Wellsbranch and a few others who continue to give shout outs to those who are progressing writing reviews is probably the strongest encouragement for our newest "participants" to stay on DGCR.

I wonder how many courses my wife has actually played. She goes with me on several of my trips but usually only plays a couple of the courses at most.

I gave a course a bad review. I should check back in and see if anyone gave me the thumbs down. Wasn't that some sort of sign in the gladiator arena for one gladiator to kill their opponent? How did we go from using that sign to end a life to just mean you disagree with someone?

I gave a course a bad review. I should check back in and see if anyone gave me the thumbs down. Wasn't that some sort of sign in the gladiator arena for one gladiator to kill their opponent? How did we go from using that sign to end a life to just mean you disagree with someone?

I gave my neighborhood course a one star and it's my most popular review. :hfive:

Not sure when it happened or if it has already been noted, but lee76007 finally got a well deserved upgrade to Gold TR. Congrats!

Not sure when it happened or if it has already been noted, but lee76007 finally got a well deserved upgrade to Gold TR. Congrats!

Thank you! This past Monday I was a silver commenting on a thread, when I hit post, I turned to gold. edfaits got me over the hump The Blockhouse Tiki Course I posted a few weeks ago. The past few weeks with the Tiki Course, and The Lake Marshall Open being telecast, I think I picked up about 5 new uniques between the two. I hope sometime in the next handful of years to take the mother of all course bagging trips the lower 48, to complete that uphill climb.

How many 20 or 30 something's even post here any more? :confused:

For the past couple of years, seems all the activity on this forum is from people who qualify to play in age protected divisions.

Considering the age of folks who post on DGCR, "whippersnapper" refers to someone in their 40's. :\

33 here... Been bagging since 17.

I'm just closing in on 30 myself. There are a few of us lurking around ;)

I'm 33 and I've been playing since 16, but really only using DGCR the last 10 years or so. Bagging more every year. These days we lose a lot of traffic to UDisc, but I've continued to feel there's a lot to like here (like objective review scoring).

Does Bogey identify as a Boomer or GEN X?

Does Bogey identify as a Boomer or GEN X?

Born in 1965, but I feel more like a Boomer than Gen X.

I'm the youngest of 3 siblings, so my older siblings were Boomers. No doubt that had some impact on me, as there are so many shared experiences.

Had I been born as the oldest in 1965, and grew up with two Gen X siblings, perhaps then I'd identify more with Gen X.

I had been wondering for quite some time, why MrFrosty (Mark Dulaney) hadn't been posting reviews or even logging into DGCR. I just figured maybe he had taken some time off or perhaps he had a disc golf injury. I had written a couple times over the past few months to check up and see how he was doing to no avail. I'm not sure if this had been posted somewhere else or not, but i sadly just found out that Mark passed away in January. he was 64. We had talked several times about meeting up and throwing a round together, and i am saddened to know that this is no longer possible.

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/23783323/mark-james-dulaney

Damn, I missed this.

I caught up with Mark while he was playing Hidden Ridge and walked/chatted with him while he threw the last handful of holes. Then we proceeded to chat for a pretty good long while afterwards about random courses and the early days of disc golf in the Cincy area. I started playing around 98-ish so any stories about the local scene or the courses prior to that are interesting to me. It was like talking with an old friend even though I had never met him prior.

Sad to see he's left this plane of existence. Rest easy Mr. Frosty.

Damn, I missed this.

I caught up with Mark while he was playing Hidden Ridge and walked/chatted with him while he threw the last handful of holes. Then we proceeded to chat for a pretty good long while afterwards about random courses and the early days of disc golf in the Cincy area. I started playing around 98-ish so any stories about the local scene or the courses prior to that are interesting to me. It was like talking with an old friend even though I had never met him prior.

Sad to see he's left this plane of existence. Rest easy Mr. Frosty.

I'm proud of the 13 up votes my reviews earned from him.

Latest posts