• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

rodneytravis33 is now the 19th member of The Cubic Zirconia Club! 88 reviews since March 24th of this year, and without a single thumbs down thus far, and the second most prolific reviewer on the site in 2023 thus far. Here's to your next 1,000 thumbs, Rodney.

Here's a breakdown of our current CZ members by thumbs, reviews, and individual voters (some of you could be leaving for higher accolades very soon!)

HyooMac: 3805 | 351 | 219
Shadrach3: 3609 | 286 | 196
DFrah: 2512 | 187 | 154
knobby325: 2289 | 247 | 134
pmay5: 2018 | 238 | 204
aclay: 1950 | 215 | 154
Surge: 1840 | 143 | 132
Ryal: 1771 | 163 | 174
KenanFlangler01: 1527 | 190 | 246
blake833: 1518 | 140 | 214
DiscinOhio: 1419 | 190 | 204
lee76007: 1333 | 107 | 98
Moose33: 1320 | 148 | 210
Tyler J: 1313 | 90 | 154
EspressoPatronum: 1582 | 168 | 166
kp_1024: 1102 | 106 | 101
dndelli: 1095 | 104 | 130
Chained Evil: 1054 | 215 | 235
rodneytravis33: 1000 | 88 | 69
Unfortunately Rodney still needs 21 more uniques to even get Gold, but welcome to the CZ club!

Thanks everyone, glad to be a member of the CZ club with some other truly outstanding reviewers. You can definitely tell from the number of thumbs verses the number of uniques that I have had some very generous fellow reviewers dropping tons of likes for my reviews. I appreciate you guys immensely.

Thanks everyone, glad to be a member of the CZ club with some other truly outstanding reviewers. You can definitely tell from the number of thumbs verses the number of uniques that I have had some very generous fellow reviewers dropping tons of likes for my reviews. I appreciate you guys immensely.

First off, you write excellent reviews. The thumbs from myself and the usual suspects are all deserved.

The thing about getting to diamond level is always the uniques. I'd bet you'll double your uniques with your recent, and great, Idlewild review. Big name courses net you an absurd amounts of thumbs historically. Especially top ten ones. Let them marinate. That's the key.

I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems like there's been more reviews in general since the new site launched, and some good ones. Not a lot, some in bunches, but it seems like there's been a bit of an uptick. I could also be wrong. I t just "seems" like maybe there has.

Season 7 Idk GIF by Parks and Recreation

Shoutout to DiscGolfCraig for submitting his 500th review to DGCR. If my count is right, he's the 4th person to reach that mark, along with The Valkyrie Kid, wellsbranch250, and mashnut.

Is there a reason ZMan44 isn't a diamond trusted reviewer now? 1,001 Votes, 274 Voters, 111 thumbs down which is well under the max ratio. 107 Reviews. What am I missing here? I want justice for our boy and 2008 top 25 Reviewer ZMan.

If the formula is still the same, it's 250 unique yes votes. Unsure if that 274 includes "no" voters too.

There's two numbers, so the 274 should be seperate - he should have 274 unique thumbs up voters, and 70 unique down.

Is there a reason ZMan44 isn't a diamond trusted reviewer now? 1,001 Votes, 274 Voters, 111 thumbs down which is well under the max ratio. 107 Reviews. What am I missing here? I want justice for our boy and 2008 top 25 Reviewer ZMan.
It could be possible that he needs to log back in for his TR status to update. I am not sure how the updates happen or if that is even remotely close to a system in place.

perhaps I need to return to Walnut Creek and play it a couple hundred times to get it to stick in my head.
That wouldn't be a bad thing; I can think of far worse ways to spend your time. Or with 2 tees and 2 baskets you could just play every combination of tees and baskets. It's been a few years since I've done that, but there are 28...

Sh-Sh
Sh-L
L-Sh
L-L

Front Sh-Sh; back Sh-L
Front Sh-Sh; back L-Sh
Front Sh-Sh; back L-L
Front Sh-L; back Sh-Sh
Odd Sh-Sh; Even Sh-L
Odd Sh-Sh; Even L-Sh
Odd Sh-Sh; Even L-L
etc, etc

Last edited:
Rodney's got to be the first to reach CZ before gold, right?

Thumb patterns have really changed. I really doubt Tim intended for someone be able to hit 1000 thumbs before getting enough uniques for gold. Maybe greens would be more open to tweaking the formula. Especially if it's to increase/maintain user engagement.

All you guys in the CZ club kick ass! Keep up the good work. We appreciate it.

It's gotten much easier to get votes and much harder to get uniques. Every single half decent review gets 5-6 (or many more) thumbs these days. Back in the day, unless it was a popular course, you could get a lot fewer votes. Many more reviews were coming in overall so the recent reviews would disappear in a much shorter time frame than now.

I think that a tweaking of the formula would be a great idea.

I think that a tweaking of the formula would be a great idea.

Curious what you'd suggest. I haven't thought about it. The uniques is too high now I feel like, if anything.

I don't have a position one way or the other. All I know is that the uniques went from 200 to 250 at some point. I got diamond when it was 250. To be fair to the CZ club I'm all for some changes. But I'm not about handing out participation medals either.

Someone needs to carry the torch on. I'm running out of nearby stuff. I went HAM this year, not done yet, but I'm spent lol.

Which One Reaction GIF by Audible

Curious what you'd suggest. I haven't thought about it. The uniques is too high now I feel like, if anything.

I don't have a position one way or the other. All I know is that the uniques went from 200 to 250 at some point. I got diamond when it was 250. To be fair to the CZ club I'm all for some changes. But I'm not about handing out participation medals either.

Someone needs to carry the torch on. I'm running out of nearby stuff. I went HAM this year, not done yet, but I'm spent lol.

Which One Reaction GIF by Audible
As a CZ member, I might be biased, but I think it's clear we are getting more votes and fewer uniques than in the past. I think recognizing that reality might lead us to raise the number of votes required while reducing the number of uniques. Not sure what those would/should be but perhaps 2,000 votes and 200 uniques. That would still leave me as a likely CZ member (1958/154), but it would make is seem possible that I could achieve diamond. Under the current requirements, I can't imagine getting the 96 uniques needed to ever reach diamond.

Last edited:
That's kinda the numbers I was thinking too. I don't remember when I hit the 250 for diamond, probably 4ish years ago. But since then I've added 100 new uniques. That also is about the time I started traveling further from WI, which I'm sure was the main reason. But I also had reviews out there since 2013 too. It's still achievable, but I'd say harder than it's ever been.

Maybe take it halfway down between 200 and 250 uniques - to 225.

One other data point, which is probably too hard to get, is the length of time it has taken people to reach Diamond. How many years "should" it take? I suspect the length has really changed over the years. I just wonder if people give up, lose interest, and stop writing. But it's likely more the case that they run out of courses.

As the most recent Diamond Trusted Reviewer – until today – I'd like to welcome KenanFlagler01 as the newest member of the DIAMOND TR Club! Congrats and thanks for all the great reviews, Nathan!

Also, congrats to ChainedEvil for taking over as president of the Cubic Zirconia cult, uh, I mean, club. :)

I've noticed an uptick in uniques - many of them new members- since we changed over to 2.0.

That got me thinking: rather than playing with the qualification levels, @greens and @Dev, how do we get newbies to make voting part of their routine?

If people understood there's value in up or down voting when they read reviews, they might be more engaged with the site, maybe more likely to write reviews, etc.

OK, crazy idea: badges/levels for voting that are reflected in their profiles and their ID? Let's make "Voting Member" a thing. Encourage participating, instead of just passively reading...

I've noticed an uptick in uniques - many of them new members- since we changed over to 2.0.

That got me thinking: rather than playing with the qualification levels, @greens and @Dev, how do we get newbies to make voting part of their routine?

If people understood there's value in up or down voting when they read reviews, they might be more engaged with the site, maybe more likely to write reviews, etc.

OK, crazy idea: badges/levels for voting that are reflected in their profiles and their ID? Let's make "Voting Member" a thing. Encourage participating, instead of just passively reading...
Something like this could work actually. I like the idea.

I'm not sure if I want the Diamond TR requirements to change. It's not any of the current Diamond TR's fault that the dynamic has changed over the years. And I feel like there is more activity now on DGCR 2.0 like you said. I don't have a strong opinion either way, and would not mind seeing how things settle out over the next few months (with site activity, hopefully another home page redesign, etc.).