• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] First disc you owned two of?

Dx eagle then glo eagle, then champ eagle x.

Does having a Gazelle, losing it, getting another Gazelle, losing it, then getting another Gazelle count?

If not, I think it was the River. Or was it the Mercy?

How do you people remember these things? >.>

This is a good question because it kinda asks which disc were you first "sold" on. I'm not sure what the first I owned two of was but I think it was Star teebirds

My wife got me my first discs ever in a starter set off of ebay. All in DX, an Aviar P&A, a Roc and a Valkyrie. I'm pretty sure that I added backups for each of those before adding any new molds. Of those, the Aviar is the only one that I still carry. And it's the only one of the three originals that I didn't lose at some point, too. So it's just a "trophy" disc, now. The original Aviar backup, though, is still in my bag! :clap:

I've juist recently started carrying multiples of any disc. Wizards first, Star Teebird, Star Firebird, Star Orc, Lucid/Moonshine Escape, Star Leopard, in that order.

4 Wizards in the bag now...with three others used for putting practice that sit on kitchen table.

Probably the Shark. I got one in an Innova starter box that was 150 class. I later went and picked up a 170.

Valk. When I started playing, that was pretty much the disc people would lose on the course and I would find. I had four at one point, in days when I didn't generally have backups.

I bought too many discs when I started, and all in champion plastic. Bought like one disc a week. Got frustrated after 2 month because they were too stable and traded them all for 3 KC Pro Rocs and 2 KC Pro Aviars. Played with nothing but that for months, then started buying discs again.

Gateway Element for me, I originally had a max weight evo, then bought a lighter s-series for finesse shots.

DX teebird, bought my first one and got to love it and bought a backup soon after. I have hardly thrown the backup. I use my original beat to death bird as a utility disc every now and then.

Two CE Teebird TLs. I remember buying them for $14 each and thinking I was crazy to spend so much on discs. They were much more overstable than my beat up Totem DX Teebird T thrower.

I think I had an order w/2 Pro Leopards and an X Buzzz to add to my Z Buzzz, so I doubled up on discs together. I bought a 150 DX Leopard for my daughter, then someone gave her a 149 as well. She has since ended up w/3 Aviars (her first purple P&A, a bottom stamp she was given and a F2 Star I bought the other night) and was also given a pair of Gateway Magics.

Whenever I buy a new putter model these days for putting (rather than utility) purposes, I buy them in pairs. Hard Classic Judge, Zero Hard Pure, etc.

When I started getting serious about playing I had no clue what I was doing. There were two Aviars; one was the grid stamped Aviar in the regular hard plastic (later named DX) and one in a slightly softer plastic stamped with the "Putt & Approach" stamp. Since they were stamped differently I figured they had to be different somehow and I bought one of each.

Later when I figured out the big bead/small bead thing I looked at my Aviars. They were both small bead. I'd bought the same disc twice. :\

I think mine was the Valkyrie. I bought a DX with my starter set and lost it about a month later. I replaced it with a Champ and had it for about a year until I lost it also. I bought a matching Champ Valk and discovered our local site with a Lost and Found section. Someone had posted a found uninked disc on 18 at Idlewild. It was my Valkyrie.

The TeeBird and Aviar followed due to loss/breakage, and the rest is hoarding history. :( (or :D depending on how you look at it)

Had to be the stingray. Hope that doesn't date me. Had one, and got another free when joining the PDGA, way back when.

Regards,
aeronaut

Latest posts