• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First solo round

jimbosprint

Double Eagle Member
After nine years of playing when I could find someone to go with, I went out today for my first solo round. Shot a 4 over on a course where I average 7 over. Nothing special, but I thought I would share.

Wow, nine years before playing solo?

I play solo most of the time. I generally like solidarity though, must come from being an only child (I have serious Only Child Syndrome).

Solo rounds are great opportunities to work on particular aspects of your game. Whether its trying alternate lines that you wouldn't necessarily consider in the heat of competition or taking an extra shot without the hassle of slowing others down, "me time" can be beneficial.

I've recently played a few solo rounds myself, after years of ALWAYS playing with some buddies. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I was able to go early in the morning while the course was fairly wide open, and was able to test out a few extra discs I don't normally play with.

Because of my weird schedule, most of my rounds are solo. It gives me time to think about nothing but the next shot. There's nothing in the world but me, the disc and the intended flight path. Often I alter my voice mail to only notify me of urgent messages.

I used to go hiking and fishing by myself but that makes sweetie nervous.

Lots of solo rounds for me. I don't mind. I can go at my own pace.

you average a 7 over and youve been playing for 10 years?

Didn't take it seriously until a couple months ago. That stat is a bit misleading. But you are right, I should be better by now.

Solo > Group.

Or maybe I have Serious Only Child Syndrome myself....:\

I drive a truck 9 hours a day , 5 days a week, alone ,and I practice most of the time solo, so when I play, I like the company.

I dont mind playing solo at all. If none of my buddies are up to go, i look at it as time to practice and work on my game without having to worry about any sort of competing, and just get to focus on line shaping and taking shots i usually wouldnt. I think playing myself recently has helped me improve greatly.

I usually play disc solo. 99.9% of the time I am by myself.
If no one is waiting behind me then I will usually take more than one drive or practice a few putts at each hole.

Last edited:

Latest posts