• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Floaters?

I'll have to check out Quest then. The Dragon is OK. It is light. It goes pretty far for me and is pretty controllable unless the wind really kicks up. It plays pretty neutral for me. It certainly won't replace my Valkyrie, Wraith, Sidewinder or JLS. OK, it's not a great disc... but it does float.

And the Hydra... For me it plays way too overstable for a short range disc. It loves taking headers straight into the ground/water for me. So in the right situation, a big anhyzer release and left turning end, it can work.

I got mine as a set on ebay. It was pretty cheap for the two of them. And I think that the Hydra only comes in 175g while the Dragon, as mentioned before, is 150g only.

I just picked up a Hydra about two weeks ago , and it came in handy this weekend. I played a course that had some water hazards just 10 feet from the basket. Not wanting to risk loosing my putter, I used it to putt with and it worked great. I would not use it all the time , but for putting, or short shots around water , it worked great.