• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I really hope they release a production run of the enemy soon but they're gonna be doing special runs for like 3 months like every other release.

I need an Icon and a Pinnacle. I feel like the Pinnacle would be able to replace my GL XXX right off the bat and the Icon would break in to cover my current Firebird.

I think i dont need them anymore because i have my blue protege ghosts

this.. now dont get me wrong i enjoy my pinnacle ghosts but by far prefer throwing a more baseline type mid that i can cycle and the new run of Protege are perfect for this! I took out both my FR and 2nd Run pinnacle ghosts in favor of the protege and have been loving it! I still have Excel in the bag until i can beat in a protege but my pinnacles are no more

I still keep a second run in the bag for my over stable consistent fade. But I have a yellow protégé and a pink that are my work horses.

I still keep a second run in the bag for my over stable consistent fade. But I have a yellow protégé and a pink that are my work horses.

Yeah if i had a larger bag i would have kept mine in as well .. Using the GRIP Mini im pretty tight on space lol .. i already like to carry a lot of putters and fairways so i only have three mids in currently .. Seasoned Excel Ghost, Protege Ghost and a Z-Comet ... i can use my Zone as an extra beefy mid if needed tho so it works but i do love those 2R Ghosties .. Merlot are my favs

I see they have protege ghosts and prowlers for sale on Marshall Street. They both say 1st run on them. Anyone know, are those the ghosts that came out softer but the nicer protege for the prowlers? I would like to try a few. Might just have to email Mst

The protege prowlers have only been released in the current run of plastic, and the ghosts with that stamp are most likely the softer run

To anyone who has played in a Battle of the Aces:

Is it the same format as an Ace Race, 1 shot per hole?

To anyone who has played in a Battle of the Aces:

Is it the same format as an Ace Race, 1 shot per hole?
It's up to the TD. I ran one this year and gave people a chance to throw 2 of the 3 discs. That way everyone had to throw at least one shot with a Phenom on each hole. To break a possible tie, we had points for metal, chains, inside the concrete mini circle, a few holes with a 20' circle painted.

Browsing for my next batch of buys, something just came to mind I wanted to ask if anybody knew more about. Specifically, what's the deal with Pinnacle plastic? What I mean is, no Pin Bandit or Mongoose, none of the putters come in Pin either (looks like Pin Hunter was up on DGBM briefly). Outlaw is getting a Pin version, or at least was earlier available on DGBM in limited numbers. Is it that Legacy hasn't gotten around to producing more discs in Pin or is there something in the plastic type itself?

Mostly I was looking at Pin stuff for the coming dark season; had LED lights on my Icon discs last autumn/winter, it shone through, but you had to get rather close (bad in wooded courses with bushes and stuff), whereas couple of the Pin discs I currently have are more seethrough, not quite on Trilogy VIP/Opto vs TP/Gold ratio of seethrough vs opaque, but similar.

On a sidenote, DGBM seems all sold out of every Legacy disc, how often do they restock? Meant to put in an order a while back, but didn't, so lost the chance, you snooze, you lose I guess.

Browsing for my next batch of buys, something just came to mind I wanted to ask if anybody knew more about. Specifically, what's the deal with Pinnacle plastic? What I mean is, no Pin Bandit or Mongoose, none of the putters come in Pin either (looks like Pin Hunter was up on DGBM briefly). Outlaw is getting a Pin version, or at least was earlier available on DGBM in limited numbers. Is it that Legacy hasn't gotten around to producing more discs in Pin or is there something in the plastic type itself?

Mostly I was looking at Pin stuff for the coming dark season; had LED lights on my Icon discs last autumn/winter, it shone through, but you had to get rather close (bad in wooded courses with bushes and stuff), whereas couple of the Pin discs I currently have are more seethrough, not quite on Trilogy VIP/Opto vs TP/Gold ratio of seethrough vs opaque, but similar.

On a sidenote, DGBM seems all sold out of every Legacy disc, how often do they restock? Meant to put in an order a while back, but didn't, so lost the chance, you snooze, you lose I guess.

I'm no pro, but business wise i'm guessing their seeing how the plastics mold up before releasing mass. Part of that is getting pros and limited edition/numbers out there as testers, much to our/my chagrin. If the plastic is any good it may get released in that mold, but manufacturing time is held up by new runs and existing runs. Numerous reasons, but you're not seeing your plastic because they don't think it's the right flight to sell anybody, which is refreshing considering some manufacturers are stuck on certain plastics...ie..G*plastic is everywhere now regardless.

Love it, and look at all the types of plastic too...gotta say the firechicken is in trouble...and I hope sooner than later!!!!

DGBM is more towards collectors than mass availability that's why most of their stuff is released in limited qualities. Legacy also won't mass release a disc until it's Ok'ed by Steve Rico himself. A disc like the Outlaw was retooled 6 times before a public release.

Generally, if Legacy is releasing a disc.....it's going to be a disc that does exactly what they want it to do. Legacy is about quality not quantity. I know a lot of Legacy fans, myself included, can't wait for the Enemy to be released.

BTW, I would love to get a Pinn Bandit. Pinnacle and Legend plastic is my favorite plastic from any company.