• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Anybody have a comparison on the current run of stock Champ TeeBirds to the last (most recent) run of Brinsters? I know they were running the stock in JL which is typically more overstable, and the last run of Brinsters was less overstable than the first- are they comparable?

I was out throwing my heavy high PLH Teebird today in the winds. It was pretty windy, perhaps 18 mph with higher winds in the gusts. The Teeb held up PERFECTLY. Awesome disc. My older low PLH, soupbowl domed Teebird would turn heavily in such winds. Great disc, should be in everyones bag IMO

Is there a way to tell the difference between an older AJ Teebird and the new stock AJ Teebird?

New stock one have your new typical Innova stock stamp (with flight numbers) with AJs signature added:

Teebird_Star_Avery_Jenkins_2009_PDGA_World_Champion.jpg

The older AJ Teebirds (tour series ones) have specialty stamps with the AJ logo at the top:

shopping

shopping

The Disc Golf Guy was also selling some standard PFN (pre-flight number) stamped with the AJ signature added that he said were older runs that were found and apparently newly stamped.

I caved and snagged 2 bringers and 3 champ teebird3 from the pro shop. I'm disced down for a good while this year. Teebirds and leopards is all I'm gonna carry.

Anyone here throw the teebird3 in champ?

Oh yes! The T3 has become my go-to driver. I can throw it full power fresh out of the box and get a straight flight with a predictable fade at the very end. I can also torque these a bit and get a nice "s" flight out of them. They fly like a slightly seasoned Teebird - perfect that is! Be sure to send me your extras if you end up not liking them!

Anyone else digging the new MF Teebirds?

It's really good in that Brinster type slot. Right between a Firebird and regular Teebird.

Anyone else digging the new MF Teebirds?

It's really good in that Brinster type slot. Right between a Firebird and regular Teebird.

I had a MF for this slot, and actually just got a current run JL Champ that is quite beefy for a TeeBird. Not exactly a Brinster, but a very solid (and readily available) replacement, which is what I was after.

I picked up a new stock run AJ signature series Star Teebird. It was the only one in the stack that was penned S/TB. All of the others were marked *TB. Does anyone know what the deal with the S/TB Teebirds is or why they are penned differently? I am familiar with the old 11x era S-TB discs but this is the first S/TB I have seen. Google searching has not revealed much information on these and I saw someone else asked this question in this thread but I don't think it was ever answered.

It is reasonably stiff and does not have pat. numbers. It flies like my old S-TB Teebirds and I like it a lot, just wondering if anyone on here can enlighten me on what this S/TB run is all about.

I picked up a new stock run AJ signature series Star Teebird. It was the only one in the stack that was penned S/TB. All of the others were marked *TB. Does anyone know what the deal with the S/TB Teebirds is or why they are penned differently? I am familiar with the old 11x era S-TB discs but this is the first S/TB I have seen. Google searching has not revealed much information on these and I saw someone else asked this question in this thread but I don't think it was ever answered.

It is reasonably stiff and does not have pat. numbers. It flies like my old S-TB Teebirds and I like it a lot, just wondering if anyone on here can enlighten me on what this S/TB run is all about.

People get too hung up on what is marked on the back of the disc. If it doesn't have pat #'s, it's new stock.

I picked up an AJ Teeb that has patent #'s and is marked *T. Different workers at the plant mark things differently.

I have a S/TB with flight numbers and no patent #. Mine is dinner plate hard and awesome. I know Koda was hoarding these a year or two ago, he said all the ones he had were super stiff. I Don't know exactly what the deal with these birds is, but I dig them.

I had a MF for this slot, and actually just got a current run JL Champ that is quite beefy for a TeeBird. Not exactly a Brinster, but a very solid (and readily available) replacement, which is what I was after.

They are fantastic, but they do work in and then become a straight champ Teebird, and then get a little bit of drift (mine is at that stage now after ~10 months of somewhat aggressive use). But are so good during all that time. I haven't thrown Brinsters but I have heard they remain OS. These beefy JL Teebirds season in a bit. I love mine though.

I have a S/TB with flight numbers and no patent #. Mine is dinner plate hard and awesome. I know Koda was hoarding these a year or two ago, he said all the ones he had were super stiff. I Don't know exactly what the deal with these birds is, but I dig them.

Thanks that is helpful. Mine is not dinner plate stiff there is some give in the flight plate but it definitely felt different from the other *TBs that were in the stack I looked through.

I'm not sure that it's just a matter of different workers at the factory marking discs differently as some would claim. If that was the case one would think that you would see some of the non-patent # Destroyers (AJs, McB's) also marked S/DS but I have never seen one of these so there may be more to it than just employee randomness.

I think we're at a point that the current production TB's across the premium plastic are all pretty darn solid. I have two flatter JL TB's and recent run Star TB that all fly exactly as a good TB should. I personally like the G*'s as well, they're like beat in Stars out of the box, are pretty flat and fly nearly as far as a DX.

Thanks that is helpful. Mine is not dinner plate stiff there is some give in the flight plate but it definitely felt different from the other *TBs that were in the stack I looked through.

I'm not sure that it's just a matter of different workers at the factory marking discs differently as some would claim. If that was the case one would think that you would see some of the non-patent # Destroyers (AJs, McB's) also marked S/DS but I have never seen one of these so there may be more to it than just employee randomness.

There are definitely non patent numbered AJ Destroyers marked as S/DS.

Tons of people try to sell them on Facebook at stupid prices because buyers are also stupid.

It's just different employees marking the discs differently.

Some people can't draw stars very well.

Yes. Jolly Launcher is just the nickname for the current Champ plastic. Whether the disc is clear (like a Jolly Rancher) or cloudy, if it's a current run Champ disc, it's "Jolly Launcher" plastic.

There are definitely non patent numbered AJ Destroyers marked as S/DS.
I can second this. Last time at GGGT I saw - at minimum - 5 S/DS marked Destroyers in that gummy Star junk. Hell I think they might have even been McBeth stamped.