• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Force vs XCaliber

I picked up a 175g Z Force (very flat) today and played 1 round with it. I found it to be a Destroyer. No more OS at all. I really didn't find it much more OS than my max weight Wraiths. Disappointing. Wish I had tried somebody else's instead of just buying one new but hey we all make bad purchases.

That's my experience with the force as well but I thought it was just a fluke

I've thrown 2 Z Forces (not extensively though) and found them to be very Destroyer-like.

I want these Forces you speak of. Even my extremely beat Force is still more overstable than any new Destroyer that I've thrown. Granted, I don't actively seek out overstable Destroyers, but still... If you want me to send you a truly overstable Z Force, I'd be happy to trade.

I want these Forces you speak of. Even my extremely beat Force is still more overstable than any new Destroyer that I've thrown. Granted, I don't actively seek out overstable Destroyers, but still... If you want me to send you a truly overstable Z Force, I'd be happy to trade.

Have any Z-Predators to trade? I didn't put any ink on it. Only threw it 6 times on open holes / didn't hit any trees. It's solid blue and very flat.

Last edited:
fwiw I've thrown 2 ESP Forces. One I hope I never lose and is much more OS than any Destroyer I've thrown. It has a strong but smooth fade that I can still get good distance out of despite it's overstability. Super flat disc. It's perfect. The other ESP Force I have is very Destroyer like and has some high speed turn. The two runs of ESP are clearly different in feel and flight, and anyone who has thrown Discraft for a while can tell you Z can be the same way, from gummy to super stiff.

Have any Z-Predators to trade? I didn't put any ink on it. Only threw it 6 times on open holes / didn't hit any trees. It's solid blue and very flat.

Actually, I only have one Predator at the moment. The Force I would have traded you fits that description. Mine is opaque and is quite overstable.

These are also some very odd forces you speak of. Out of the 6 I've owned through the years, I've never had one close to a destroyer. Maybe a fresh Star AJ Destroyer, but no where near the production run. I would suggest you throw some other peoples discs before completely writing the disc off. The slightly opaque pink seems to be the most overstable if you are looking for pure Beef.

I bag an star Xcal and a PD2. The PD2 is definitely quite a bit more over stable. Rhfh I can occasionally turn over the Xcal, which is pretty beat in. Never have come anywhere close to turning over the PD2 pure beef!

I picked up a max weight C-PD2 at my most recent tourney and took it out for some field testing. It was way too OS for me to do anything with. :gross: I mean it tanked harder than my Firebird. Good googly moogly this thing is seriously OS. I consider myself to have a very strong FH and I just couldn't do anything with the PD2. It is going directly into my slightly used 'for sale' collection.

After some testing with a couple different molds I decided to put the Destroyer back in the bag. It really is the perfect combination of distance and over stability. Fits my power FH game perfectly.

Now that I know that slot is safe, I continue my ever-changing quest to create my perfect arsenal.

Last edited:
I picked up a max weight C-PD2 at my most recent tourney and took it out for some field testing. It was way too OS for me to do anything with. :gross: I mean it tanked harder than my Firebird. Good googly moogly this thing is seriously OS. I consider myself to have a very strong FH and I just couldn't do anything with the PD2. It is going directly into my slightly used 'for sale' collection.

After some testing with a couple different molds I decided to put the Destroyer back in the bag. It really is the perfect combination of distance and over stability. Fits my power FH game perfectly.

Now that I know that slot is safe, I continue my ever-changing quest to create my perfect arsenal.

They may be a bit mean when you first get to throw them, but eventually you will fall in love with it! I promise :p

Uff.. just bought a new max weight ESP Force and it's nothing like they used to be.. this thing turns over way too much even in the slightest headwind even though I tried to pick the most 'overstable' one. This one flies very similar to my 6 years old Star TL. Hadn't used a Force for a couple of years, have they changed the mold somehow? This new one feels very different in the hand, it's more domey, even the rim feels somewhat higher. You can't even get a good grip of it because the plastic feels like very cheap PVC. The older ones I used to throw would never turn over in any wind. I guess I'm going back to those good old XCals or PD2s.
*Sigh*

Uff.. just bought a new max weight ESP Force and it's nothing like they used to be.. this thing turns over way too much even in the slightest headwind even though I tried to pick the most 'overstable' one. This one flies very similar to my 6 years old Star TL. Hadn't used a Force for a couple of years, have they changed the mold somehow? This new one feels very different in the hand, it's more domey, even the rim feels somewhat higher. You can't even get a good grip of it because the plastic feels like very cheap PVC. The older ones I used to throw would never turn over in any wind. I guess I'm going back to those good old XCals or PD2s.
*Sigh*

I really vote for the PD2 since you can not find one that's not overstable.

I really vote for the PD2 since you can not find one that's not overstable.

I believe you. I was absolutely exhausted from just 30 minutes of field work with it. I was putting everything I had and all my focus of proper mechanics to get that 175g C-PD2 to do what I wanted and it was like trying to throw a heavy dinner plate. Just not for me. Maybe for someone with 20lbs+ of extra muscle that I don't have.

I believe you. I was absolutely exhausted from just 30 minutes of field work with it. I was putting everything I had and all my focus of proper mechanics to get that 175g C-PD2 to do what I wanted and it was like trying to throw a heavy dinner plate. Just not for me. Maybe for someone with 20lbs+ of extra muscle that I don't have.

What kind of distance you get from your destroyers vs. the C-PD2? I ask just for my curiosity.

The Xcal is slower than the force and PD2, and can be inconsistent but if you know how to look for higher wing heights and overstable features it should be easy to pick some out in person. The PD2 is the most overstable of the three. The force is going to give you the most distance but they are often less overstable than what you want. Very overstable forces are easy to find though, look for higher wing heights and pop tops. I had a 171 pink z force with a super pop top and a high wing that was as overstable as any disc I've ever thrown.

I get the Destroyer out to 400 on a FH and 375ish on a BH. If I were to guess, I'd say I was getting that PD2 out to maybe 250 on a FH. I was easily throwing my Banshees much farther.