• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form is weak in this one.

SlothsLair

I know that every shot is on a hyzer, I'm trying to work on that. My question is, how bad IS my form? Is there hope for me down the road? Keep in mind I've only been doing this for two months. :doh:

From that distance, whatever gets you in/near the basket is a good shot. So I say well done. I would rather see your driving and putting form though, as they are much more crucial.

to get some tips on good form throwing for both backhand and forehand I would recommend watching the disc mania deep in the game episodes with avery jenkins. There is some great tips about everything you need to know. there is also episodes on how to become mentally prepared and tips for putting. Your form isn't bad for a beginner and with a few adjustments I think that you will be fine! Good luck and check out those episodes on youtube!

Wow. So that second video was too entertaining for me to give any advice. I'm not an expert on form anyway, but if I was I'd be too busy rocking out to the soundtrack of the new Batman (which that reminded me of) and enjoying you in slow motion. The first video was clearly shot with a fisheye, which doesn't do us any good for critique. But from what I could see it was all arm action. You didn't lean into the shot or follow through at all. There are great videos in the technique stickys about putting that will illustrate what I'm talking about better than I can with words.

The action of your forehand shot looks like your moving your hand in a big scoop. My guess is that your disc goes high and stalls out.

Instead, think of your forehand as a chopping motion where your forearm stays on a consistent plane. Check out Sarah Hokom explain:

Her portion of the clinic starts at about 16:20.

Sarah Hokum's part in the video above has probably been the most helpful video for me and my forehand shots. He does a great job of breaking down the mechanics.

Latest posts