• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

From leg, to elbow, to shoulder...

Hunt

@ world's last year before the tournament started I pulled a muscle in my hind end practicing. During the tournament after too many forehands into the ground my elbow was not happy. I've continued play through winter with some stiffness in my elbow and some discomfort for sure. Now shoulder hurts as well.
Taking some time away from throw'n for now :-(
Anyone had the same problem? Suggestions? Light at The end of The tunnel?

sounds like something is wrong with your fundamentals and causing the pain due to form/technique.

Smooth is far and makes for less stress on the body. Strong arming something you ever researched? Good idea to take some time off the body always needs time to recover but you shouldn't get much pain playing DG when throwing properly and in good shape. Stretching goes a long way'

If its an injury that has gone on for over 3 months id check with a physical therapist or sports trainer who can help there and might lead to a doctor visit. Rehab always depends on the problem.

Yep, best to go get it checked out. Muscle problems are usually resolved pretty quickly. The length of time you've had pain may indicate something other than a muscle pull. If it hurts too bad to play, it hurts enough to have someone look at it.

What I figured really. Doctor would know best . I think it's tendon in elbow up to shoulder. Was also trying to see if anyone had The exact scenario and how it worked out.
Either way I am going to rest it even though winter just ended

If you know a good sports theropist they might be able to help. But I'd go to a doctor that specializes in sports medicine or a chiroprator. Find someone associated with the local high school (or better yet college) sports and see who they use.

Please don't go to a chiropractor for an arm issue. Depending on if your state has direct access for PT's, you should look them up, but odds are you will need to talk to and ATC if readily available or just head straight to a sports med doc/ortho

Taking some time off playing, doing physical therapy, stretching, strengtening exercises. Asking a professional for help.

You know, all the commom sense stuff that we tend to ignore cause we just want to get out and play.

Latest posts