• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

There is a 9 holer here in Maryland (Woodsboro) that is on the side of a pretty steep hill. The course plays mostly up hill, with only one hole that goes back down (and due to a HUGE design flaw, it's not even from the very top to the very bottom as I would have done, but I digress).

Anyway, I walk up to the downhill tee and throw my drive. It looks like it is heading right for the chains, but is less than a foot too high, and sails 40 ft past. My friend then takes his shot and throws what should have been his worst throw of the day...horribly grip locked and anhyzered to boot. It goes about 50 feet before landing and starts to roll on edge, but it doesn't take long before we notice it is still heading right for the basket. The disc rolls down the hill, hits the pole dead center and stops right under the basket. So I nearly have an ace but take a 3, he throws a terrible shot and takes a tap-in deuce. What a weird game we play...

a buddy of mine wussed out on hole #1 at the groves (back tees) and completely shanked his shot into a yard with a doberman. dog picked it up and started to chew on it immediately. classic. then he tried luring it to the front of the house by knocking on the door and running back around to jump the fence. no bueno.

kinda an odd story, but i was playing with my buddy and we had a pack of 24 bud lights on hand with us. As soon as we got to hole 3 we noticed a young group of 5 or 6 smoking weed. They were no older than 17. We kept playing and decided to put our beer in our truck because we didnt want to carry it all over the course. Before we could start to walk back we saw a cop fly past us on the road and hit her breaks and do a 180. we wondered what was up so we ran back to see 4 cops talking to all the kids. I asked the cop (with beer in my hands) what was up. she said ''someone called about a couple of young guys having beer." (I think someone called on us because we had a 24 pack). Anyhow they let the kids walk off and i stupidly made the mistake of saying ''oh i thought u might have gotten a call for WEED on the kids." She turned around and searched the kids and found weed on all 5 of them.

Man did i feel bad. :(

I came across mating diamondback turtles today, about 10 feet from the basket. I noticed a second male, about 5 feet away from them. He was watching them for about 3 minutes, before he came charging to stake his claim. The dominant male, had to dismount, which didn't make him happy, and took a few snaps at the challenger. The challenger went into hiding, while the dominant male took a few more snaps at him. Then the dominant male just stood there, waiting for the challenger to stick his head out again. This lasted about 5 minutes, but then it started to pour, so I took off. I felt like I was watching the National Geographic Channel.

kinda an odd story, but i was playing with my buddy and we had a pack of 24 bud lights on hand with us. As soon as we got to hole 3 we noticed a young group of 5 or 6 smoking weed. They were no older than 17. We kept playing and decided to put our beer in our truck because we didnt want to carry it all over the course. Before we could start to walk back we saw a cop fly past us on the road and hit her breaks and do a 180. we wondered what was up so we ran back to see 4 cops talking to all the kids. I asked the cop (with beer in my hands) what was up. she said ''someone called about a couple of young guys having beer." (I think someone called on us because we had a 24 pack). Anyhow they let the kids walk off and i stupidly made the mistake of saying ''oh i thought u might have gotten a call for WEED on the kids." She turned around and searched the kids and found weed on all 5 of them.

Man did i feel bad. :(

I wouldn't have . I don't like weed, but it really bothers me to see young people doing it. I would not have called the cops, but I would have pointed them out.

At Worlds this past week, players on Pleasant Hill were hooted at when they played hole 10 by howler monkeys in the small learning zoo across the street.

Did you make those up? I'm not doubting you, just that I laughed so hard when I read them it's hard to believe them. OMG good stories man, wish I coulda been there. :D

No making these up... The raccoon one was disturbing(to me) the way it went down... The naked guy, well I guess he needed some sun???:eek: At least he picked a time on the day that the course was all but empty!!!

The sad thing is that I barely even laughed at this because an officer in my jurisdiction did the same thing with his service sidearm ... while off-duty ... putting up his deer blind. Sigh. Some people.

He was lying naked in the middle of a fairway?

my bad man, sorry :D

and yes, I agree... some people.

I had forgotten about this till I read someone talking about mud:

My brother and I went to play Agnes Moffit on the other side of Houston. It had been raining all week, and this course gets extremely wet and muddy after a rain , so I wore sandals instead of my normal hiking boots. I was on hole #17 (you locals know how wet and muddy that hole gets). I had not been playing that long, and could not throw that far, so I put my disc right in the middle of the muddy fairway. I walked out through the mud, and it was incredible how muddy it was. It was hard to walk. I got my disc, made my throw, and then started walking , and then realized, I was barefooted.

I looked back, and about 15ft behind me were my shoes sticking out of the mud in a walking position, like someone had placed them there. I had just walked right out of my shoes and didn't even notice. Took some effort to get them unstuck, and my brother thought it was one of the funniest things he had ever seen.

I am sad about this but I laughed my ass off when it happened.

We played Ferry Park in Fort Walton Beach FL today and the course is a nice short affair with a canal like murky creek running through it and in play in several places. We get to 13 and we can see that the creek is in play to the right but it looks like it is closer in distance to the basket than to the the first group of trees. I let 'er rip with the Core and almost did what I wanted (fade around these trees to the basket). Instead I hit the trees and it flops behind them...which we quickly realize is the creek.

I get upto it and it is like an inch from the water so I announce, whew I was so close, and line up to take my second shot...which proceeds to hit a palm frond and drop straight into the murk!!!

We never could find it, that water was like 2' deep and I was slightly pissed but had a really good laugh about how the disc was saved and immediatley sacrificed.

Oh well...new one on order.

My bf and I were at a course in Richmond, Ky and found someone suntanning next to one of the baskets. Silly People.