• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Suprised my story about my brother and the bunny wasn't funny. I almost busted a gut from trying not to laugh when he said what he said

One day playing for cash with my local club at Edora Park, we arrive at hole 13, which plays about 485' with a road being out of bounds on the right. The basket sits with an O.B. behind and to the right(the road). My drive landed near the road on the right, but was safe. One guy in our group threw into a big spruce on the opposite side of the fairway. While we were trying to get the disc out, my cell phone goes off. I answer the unknown number and it ends up being some kid who asks me if I had lost a disc. He described to me the exact disc that I had just thrown! I told him that he had picked up a disc in play and he quickly returned it to where he had found it. Our group laughed as we moved on wondering...what if he had just taken the disc? I guess that's what happens when your disc randomly disappears from the fairway.

A buddy and I were playing Charlie Vettiner in Louisville when after hole #8 (that seen in my avatar) we decided to walk down near the reservoir and have a smoke. Sitting there on the rocks looking across the water we see a guy humping his girlfriend against a tree... they see us, stop and begin to leave. We're laughing about it when we realize the trail out from where they were brings them right passed where we werre sitting. The girl makes no eye contact, the guy, carrying a single disc, just smiles as they walk passed.
I wish now I had the presence of mind to remark on his "hole in one!"
:D

At my home course, there is a stretch of about 5 or 6 holes that play through some fairly dense woods. Me and a buddy were playing and were about halfway through the woods when we see a man pushing a loaded wheelbarrow down the fairway towards us. As soon as he noticed us, he immediately turned around and headed in the other direction. Didn't get a good look at what was in his wheelbarrow.

Another time, I was playing with a few buddies and a creepy little red-headed girl started following us around. Ended up hanging around for about four holes before she just wandered off.

I was playing with a buddy a long time ago out at Fitzgerald park in Grand Ledge Mi. We walk up to the 2nd hole and my buddy lets it fly. He gets a serious case of grip lock and his disc starts flying right like crazy. Right torwards an unsuspecting family that was grilling out at a pavilion that shouldnt really come into play. We yell out FORE the guy standing at the grill looks up surprised. Next thing you know my buddys disc lands on the grill cleaning out all the hot dogs and hamburgers that were on the grill. The guy just stood there dumb founded as there dinner laid on the ground and my buddys disc starts to melt. (Golf discs should never be placed on a hot BBQ grill.) My buddy ran up, apologized and peeled his disc off the grill. All the while the guy that was grilling just kind of stood there with a look of shock on his face. With his little kid crying in the back ground. I was trying not to laugh, but it was hard not to. I felt bad because my buddy obviously ruined their cook out, and his disc. But that sh!t was funny!:)
I landed under that grill, but luckily noone was there :D

We were playing the super course (where you throw from 1's pad to 2's basket) at Iroquois Park during leagues one winder day. Playing the course this way means your second drive on one holes is over a small pond. The pond had a paper thin layer of ice on it when we were playing. So one guy flubs his second drive, it's low and anhyzering toward the middle of the pond. Instead of blasting right through the ice as it should, his disc hits the ice, the entire sheet of ice flexes and the disc comes shooting out of the pond up onto dry ground. Incredible!

I was having a practice round with a local pro before a tourney in Feb. this past year. The 10th hole was a sheet of ice. I thre my putter about 50' out and let it slide about 30' away from the pin. My buddy goes for it and lands under the pin and slides 50' away. Multiple times. He ended up with a snowman on the hole.:eek:

I was playing Northwood Park in Morton, IL. Hole #16 is a tight right-hand curve through the woods. There's a small window straight through the woods that you can see the basket through, but all you can see is the basket, the 2nd half of the fairway leading up to the basket it around the blind curve. I throw my Archangel and it takes a nice line, curving right around the corner. I'm watching the basket now through the little window in the woods to see if my disc gets close when I hear a squeal! We come around the corner to see my disc sitting next to a twitching squirell. My best guess is that the squirell was on the side of a tree when my disc BLASTED it the neck or something. One of the craziest things I've see while playing disc golf.

my friend hit a turkey last week.... it was probably the funniest thing i have ever witnessed in my entire life.

I was out the other day and a squirell fell out of the tree between my buddy and I. It just dropped from the sky with a little *thump* then got up and ran away. very strange.

I played a course where there mascot is a llama. If you hit it they count a stroke on you no matter what. The hole has you throwing over the llama pin towards the basket. It always looks at me funny too! It likes to psych people out apparently. HEAD GAMES!!!

I played a course where there mascot is a llama. If you hit it they count a stroke on you no matter what. The hole has you throwing over the llama pin towards the basket. It always looks at me funny too! It likes to psych people out apparently. HEAD GAMES!!!

All I can think about is Terry Tate Office Linebacker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

At the practice field "soccer field" at Devens this morning was a fake fox, just sitting in the middle of the field. It was one of those target foxes that hunter's practice their bow and arrow. It was larger though, almost the size of a Great Dane.

So down in Brooksville,FL before the Gran Canyon course was closed I was playing a warm up round before a tourney. Somebody in a group ahead had a disc stolen by a Fox, who picked it up and ran off just to drop it about 500' away.

One sly fox....

I had the same thing happen at Druid Hill Park in downtown Baltimore.

I was down at Kilborne Park on the 9th hole when I saw a family of Mexicans (a dad, mom, 2 little sons around the age of 3 & 4) and I guess the dad didnt know what the DGA basket was and it looked like he was trying to put the younger one in the basket while the others were laughing.

It made me laugh to myself as well when I saw it.

a drunk guy we were playing with fell into a river and lost his shoes ... another time my friends were with him once when he fell into the river n lost his phone

Latest posts