• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

queer part: Two bicyclists in the park on a sleeping bag

don't make me stand on my soapbox! :D I'm all for them, but unless you are Lance Armstrong and trying to shave a second off your time there is no reason for a grown man to wear full body spandex, it looks "gay". Also I'm all for sharing the road as long as they follow the same rules I have to and they can go the same speed, and if they paid a tax to maintain those same roads, they don't. I have respect for them, I have crazy respect for the ones that do single track downhill. I can't do it, I got no desire to be on something with 2 wheels and no motor.
Just my feelings, and No I don't have to pretend to do anything, I'm not Politically Correct, I got no desire to pretend to like some douche bag culture that seems to think they are superior to everyone just because they can use a mode of transportation that was obsolete as soon as man created a motor.
If it's just a hobby great! but to some it's a lifestyle and unfortunately their "hobby" directly affects me at times.
It's not comparable, if it was they would be regulated to some part of a park and not all the streets/trails/wherever the hell they want to be. They also seem to have most of their people in very good shape, something I see lacking at a lot of DG courses. We have a sport where mostly normal people, fat, thin, smokers, drinkers can go out and enjoy a day in the park. Basically anyone can play our sport.
//rant over

Man, you are some piece of work. Last time I checked, a bicycle is a legalVehicle, and has every right to be on the road as you do. Plus, if some guy wants to wear a spandex suit, who gives a ****! I don't. I guess your life is perfect , and going great, and you have nothing else to worry about. I'm, sorry, I have alot more to worry about, and I don't give a damn, about what most people are doing in their spare time. Plus, you can drive right past him, so he is in your way for what, 10 seconds at the most? And that is enough to ruin your hole day?
Brother, you should walk a mile in my shoes, and you would see, that those people on the bicycles are the least of your worries.

Plus, how do you think they might view you? To them, you look like some idiot throwing a piece of plastic, and then , walking after it. And then, throwing it again. How do you think that looks to others?
Why don't you just enjoy your sport and let them enjoy theirs. That is what makes the world go around. We all like different things.
Before you start judging others, maybe you should look in the mirror and worry about yourself first. Damn!

don't make me stand on my soapbox! I'm all for them, but unless you are Ken Climo and trying to capture another world championship there is no reason for a bunch of loser 30 somethings to throw frisbees at metal grills. Also I'm all for sharing the park as long as they follow the same rules I have to and they aren't where I am, and if they paid a tax to maintain those same parks, they don't. I have respect for them, I have crazy respect for the ones that do trick shots. I can't do it, I got no desire to play "disc golf" because I'm a poor painter that can't afford green fees.
Just my feelings, and No I don't have to pretend to do anything, I'm not Politically Correct, I got no desire to pretend to like some douche bag culture that seems to think they are superior to everyone just because they can play a lazy, drug sport that makes fat golfers look like elite athletes.
If it's just a hobby great! but to some it's a lifestyle and unfortunately their "hobby" directly affects me at times.
It's not comparable, if it was they would be regulated to some part of a park and not all the fields/green space/wherever the hell they want to be. They also seem to have most of their people in very poor shape, something I see not lacking at a lot of cycling meetups. We have a sport where mostly normal people, have to actually work to and get exercise and not just smoke in the park. Basically anyone can play disc golf because it's not a sport.
//rant over

lol last thing I wanted was to start a rant thread. you can't compare bicycling and disc golf, which was my point. also I do have personal issues with cyclists, but they are my own issues, and I won't apologize for them, nor will I worry about what they think of me never have, my other "hobbies" are even more strange than DG, I know what niche sport is. Don't worry about that either.

don't make me stand on my soapbox! :D I'm all for them, but unless you are Lance Armstrong and trying to shave a second off your time there is no reason for a grown man to wear full body spandex, it looks "gay". Also I'm all for sharing the road as long as they follow the same rules I have to and they can go the same speed, and if they paid a tax to maintain those same roads, they don't. I have respect for them, I have crazy respect for the ones that do single track downhill. I can't do it, I got no desire to be on something with 2 wheels and no motor.
Just my feelings, and No I don't have to pretend to do anything, I'm not Politically Correct, I got no desire to pretend to like some douchebag culture that seems to think they are superior to everyone just because they can use a mode of transportation that was obsolete as soon as man created a motor.
It's not comparable, if it was they would be regulated to some part of a park and not all the streets/trails/wherever the hell they want to be. They also seem to have most of their people in very good shape, something I see lacking at a lot of DG courses. We have a sport where mostly normal people, fat, thin, smokers, drinkers can go out and enjoy a day in the park. Basically anyone can play our sport.
//rant over

People around here wouldn't get along with you. Madison is a big time biking city. Me, I just do it for fun, it's very enjoyable...and I really wish I had a better bike so I could do some mountain bike trails. I have a friend who lives in the city, and bikes everywhere around there. He does have a car though, which is mainly for any distance that just isn't done in a timely manner on a bike. Also I doubt most bikers are so snobby as to think so highly of themselves for using that mode of transportation. If anything they just like that it saves them on fuel and keeps them in shape. Personally I'm always afraid of some idiot in a car sending me to a hospital because they don't notice hand turn signals or something of the sort. I fear some fool won't realize that he needs to slow down if I'm near a turn and about to make it(using my turn signal) because he thinks he can just pass me or some bs just because I'm on the shoulder of the road being nice to them.

Just think of how they see you, the guy who could disable them by taking eyes off the road for maybe 3 seconds(could be an exaggeration).

Yup, I joined the rant bandwagon.

I had to make this as a new message as I missed the edit window(of time).

Whoa, everyone needs to take thier happy meds! I've never seen Midnightbiker this po'd. Rough day bro?

Whoa, everyone needs to take thier happy meds! I've never seen Midnightbiker this po'd. Rough day bro?

Happy meds have too many side effects :p. I just felt the need to point a few things out and like I think all of us it just multiplied which formed a rant.

Yea, I found out that my wife's car needs a new computer to the tune of $900, so I am a little pissed off at the world right now. Sorry for my outburst.

I was trying out the brand new course at Franklin Park, in Purcellville, Virginia. 3 of the holes play through a defunct golf driving range, which still has the distance signs in place. This led to me walking right in front of a dude who was taking whacks and video taping himself. He stopped and gave me a "what the hell are you doing?" look as I walked up to the hole where the tee pads are being placed, and teed off. He stopped for a few minutes, then kept on practicing, but didn't come close to me as I played the three holes. I guess he didn't notice the tree brand new baskets and 3 huge holes in the ground that are dug in the middle of "his" driving range. The funny thing is that there's a free and legit driving range down the road that he could go to without putting any disc golfers in danger...

The funny thing is that there's a free and legit driving range down the road that he could go to without putting any disc golfers in danger...

I totally just read that as if you were putting a disc.

Weirdest thing I have seen on a disc golf course. My friend and I were midway through Idlewild on a short hole and I nearly aced it! Bounced off the basket. I was so excited i went after my disc immediately. As I picked up my disc a squirrel scampered 8 feet in front of me with a huge nut in its mouth and froze as it saw me. I raised it over my head as if to hammer it at the squirrel, ready to kill the innocent creature when out of nowhere a disc hits the ground at the squirrels feet, sends the nut flying and makes the squirrel do a flip. My friend had teed off and didn't even know what had happened, I had to tell him.

Better yet, he had hit a squirrel on purpose that was scampering up a tree earlier in the course! Bewildered I was.

(no squirrels were physically harmed in the making of this thread...just shook up)

don't make me stand on my soapbox! :D I'm all for them, but unless you are Lance Armstrong and trying to shave a second off your time there is no reason for a grown man to wear full body spandex, it looks "gay". //rant over

Don't look at them so you won't get so worked up. Sounds like you're struggling.

Last edited:
discaddict and I were playing Jordan the other week end and came upon a set of dentures,funney I mentioned this to bcr123psu. He saw the same ones on the same hole. It was funney at the time.

ive seen a guy with a tattoo of a rocket shooting into a girl's a$s, too make it worse, it was all anime, and the guy was like prob 40, but looked like he was 60+ and it covered his whole back, dude had no teeth, i can only imagine he's under ground by now.

Early on, I think like my first or second day out disc golfing I made like a 50ft maybe more putt. I was really surprised at the shot. To top it off though there was a group of girls who all let out a cheer. They were likely on a local soccer or other high school sports team as the Hill that this course is on is used by them for rigorous practices they do(also were in matching jerseys), like the 3 a day practices I know our HS's soccer team had to do.

Dynamic Discs had a tourney here at Lewisville lake last week and before the round everyone was practicing and such. Well we were all working on putts on hole 8 when all the sudden you see like 3 people literally 3 feet from the basket duck as the guy teeing off aced. It was pretty funny and sick.

I hit a bird with a drive that was realy moving. the bird changed the flight of the disk. The bird crashed to the ground then staggered around to only fly off again.

My funniest/weirdest thing ive seen on my home course were horses...an older couple riding horses in a city park strolling around cutting through where ever they may please and entertaining the kids that saw it. It was quite bizarre when you are about to tee off on the first hole and out of nowhere you see people riding horses up the hill from the basket and stop to eat the grass next to you. It was surely interesting and really made my day. Some of the park goers didn't like it, but most of the people really loved it.

Lunch Time

I was playing Bartholomew a month or two ago and there was a young hispanic girl walking in a circle in the middle of the fairway of #12 breastfeeding her kid. I tried in earnest to portray I was trying to throw in her direction but I think she thought I was just crazy. I decided I didn't need to play #12 that day.

Latest posts