• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fusion Bag Review or Sorry Gorilla Boy

Would you buy a Fusion bag? Especially if you could not buy GB?

• Yep!

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No!! How. Could. You? I’m triggered!!

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
Maybe one day I'll grow up to be as insightful as boomerang. We can hope can't we. Yes we can!!

Dude the reason I have said what I've said the way I've said on every occasion from the beginning is because of the way you all collectively react to things that rub you the wrong way. You guys are all such a big deal I'm simply in awe.

Echo echo echo. Lol. You guys win the internet man I hope I can one day too!

Seems like you're the only one reacting in a strange way. I don't see anyone here overreacting or accusing you of anything. I just wanted to hear how the interaction transpired. The fact that you so incessantly dismiss any attempt to validate your claims is what is so bizarre.

Good luck with your bag man.

Let's start over.

Okay here goes. This is the first part of my review. I intend to make a first impression review and then add more after a few rounds. I was gonna play this evening but it's raining:doh: In any case I digress......

So I tried to buy a Gorilla Boy bag but they were out of stock and according to Gorilla Boy they didn't know when they would have the color I wanted (multicam) or second choice (black) in stock due to the lack of available capital for materials. He said he had some bills to pay first. For a guy that wanted a bag that I could sit on and had good storage that was not a good answer. So I did an awful thing and bought the Fusion bag. I know haters will hate. But like I said I needed a bag now not when Gorilla Boy could get around to taking my money.

First impression THIS BAG IS AWESOME!!!!
That's right I said it. Awesome. Now I have never seen a Gorilla Boy bag (and I'm really wondering if anyone else will either)but the Fusion does appear to be identical to what I saw on the GB website.

The straps of the bag and moveable pads are super nice.
The craftsmanship appears to be excellent very heavy duty
The storage capability is vast and very well thought out.
I have about 18 discs in it right now and other things you need.
The water bottles carriers will hold 40oz hydroflasks no problem.

Best of all the seat!! I'm no small guy. I'm a big boy. I'm 6ft tall 295 pounds. It holds my big body just fine So I have that going for me which is nice.

Too sum up this bag rocks and if GB doesn't get their business together everyone will be saying Gorilla who? Sooner than later.

Will update after a few rounds so we can see where the rubber meets the road so to speak.

I'm happy to answer questions and ignore haters:D

Happy discing!!

Restarting since we are so far off intent here.

Okay so I have played several rounds with this bag now and guess what? Now I think it rocks even more.
One of the really surprising things I noticed is that when you set the bag down to sit on it it doesn't pick up dirt or mud. All of my rounds have been damp and I have been using the seat a lot. No dirt on the bottom. Pretty cool.
The next great thing I have come to appreciate is that the load adjustment straps at the top of the main shoulder straps hold the shoulder straps up off of the ground and in the open position making it very easy to don and doff without trouble or a mess. #no more quad shocks!
Also, as a result of the bag sitting upright it is just a slight knee bend to pick it up as opposed to bending over to collect your quad strapped bag off the ground after every shot. The energy savings adds up especially after multiple round days even more with the built in super comfy padded seat.
Further, there is zero indication of stress at any point on the bag and I had this sucker loaded with about 18 discs, various other bits and pieces like a retriever, phone and keys including dual 40oz hydroflasks. The weight distribution when worn with both straps combined with the adjustable padding makes carrying larger loads a breeze in comparison to a smaller load in my fade gear Crunch Box with Phoenix Quadshox. When carrying on one shoulder you really appreciate how well padded the straps are.
So I would highly reccomend this bag especially since a Simian is currently a very hit or miss to mostly out of stock miss with no sense of urgency to fill orders on the part of Gorilla Boy situation.

If you have been on the fence about this bag. Don't be. It's worth it as much as a $150 disc golf bag can be.
Drive for the show. Putt for the dough!!

Followed by this. Now we should be all caught back up.

Review Update

Ok so I have way more rounds on the bag now. So here's what I've noticed after about 50 rounds.

A lot of times I will just sling the pack over one shoulder between throws. As a result the padding in the most used strap has become compressed. Likely normal wear as this has happened on many of my backpacks over the years. My concern is that it worsens to the point of little padding. Just have to wait and see on this one.

The other thing I've noticed is that he dividers in the disc rack can become stretched out. When this happens if you don't have it full,discs can possibly slide out. It's not a problem if loaded to capacity, but if for example you lost a disc during a round you would then need to be vigilant for the rest of the round to make sure nothing fell out. It's a marginal thing but it could happen.

I will update from time to time if I find anything further.

Happy Discing!!

It's been 48 days. What, you dont play every day? Must not be a serious player.

/Sarcasm

Latest posts