• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Georgia,where you at?

If you want I can text kelly about playing on the 24th. He's never said no yet. I just need to be done by around 3 or so so it would be good to start by lunch or before. My brother will likely join us.

(Hope I havnt turned this into my own little FBA meet-up thread guys....:eek:)

Sounds good, atl... I plan on rolling into FBA at around 10:30. Maybe even 11:30 at the latest (depending on how ATL traffic is, of course).

Keep me posted about what Kelley says about us bein' able to play there on the "Eve". I appreciate it...:thmbup:

Bad news guys... I talked to kelly and the course is closed for the holidays until after the new year. He was glad everyone wanted to play and says after the new year hit him up. Any other ideas?

Bad news guys... I talked to kelly and the course is closed for the holidays until after the new year. He was glad everyone wanted to play and says after the new year hit him up. Any other ideas?

Well, sorry fellas....:(

I guess I wont be able to stop by and hit a round up with ya'all. I will see about making a road trip down there around spring time and try to meet up with as many as you guys as possible. Thanks for textin' him for me ATLscott. I appreciate it. I will keep you guys posted as far as a road trip down to Fly-Boy (FBA) next spring. Maybe me and my bro-in-law can make a roadtrip down there when jhgonzo does too....

At least I have Blue Angel DGC in P-Cola to look forward to this next week. Hopefully that isnt closed as well....:\

Damn,this sucks,i was just starting to get excited for it.

Oh well.

I might start looking into organizing something there in the future,so,keep your eyes peeled in this thread.

Damn,this sucks,i was just starting to get excited for it.

Oh well.

I might start looking into organizing something there in the future,so,keep your eyes peeled in this thread.

Will do.

If FBA was open on the 24th, I would have stopped by, but I am just gonna have to hi-tail it to FL on that day now that I know FBA is closed for the holidays. Like I said, I will probably try to meetup with you guys down there in the spring when jhgonzo tries to make it down. I'll keep you posted.:thmbup:

I think I may have been the last person to play FBA(mid Nov.), until it reopens. the new layout is ****ty though, and I wasn't too impressed after all the hype. I've played most of the courses in GA, and it is not even close to being one of my favorites. I'd love to play with new people though.
FYI my fav GA courses: Jackson, White oak, and Sequoyah, although its tough choices with how many great ones there are.

Alright,then let's kick this thing back up.

Since i'd imagine most people have played flyboy,and if the above is true,that's out of the question,and if we start planning something now we can miss the heat before it gets too bad.

So i'm thinking we should plan for two courses,within a relatively small proximity from one another,i've only played a few,and i don't know the general distances between the nicer ones,so start throwing out where you guys would like to go,i'll try and put this thing together if we get enough people interested :)

Lake Russell
Indian Creek
Sandy Creek
The Monty
JP Mosely
Not neccessarily in order of, just suggestions...

I'm really trying to find two solid ones that are relatively nearby,i've been trying to compare distances but not with much success,can anyone chime in?

doubt i can make it but will try. but here are some suggestions for good courses that are fairly close:

McCurry/Moseley (35 min)

or Moseley/Redan (20 min)

or Wills/ERP (15 min)

or Redan/Indian Creek (30 min)

or ... some Ga Tech guys are talking about setting up perkerson for a casual round in late Feb/early Mar on the weekend, no date has been set yet

Thanks,thats really helpful,I'm going to try and start putting this together more officially :)

Alright people,It looks like a Full day Mosely/Redan seems to be the most accessible,and possibly most enjoyable lineup.

I was thinking about a late march/early april date,can anyone who's interested possibly chime in so we can try to get this thing rollin'.

Come play White Oak or Deerlick Park sometime on the west side of ATL. I'd even go as far as Oregon if you want. I still haven't played Redan or Lenora or any of those on the Southeastern side of the city. If you want to make a day out of those on Friday or the weekend let me know.

We are down with just about anything, hell, I will play the Chamblee church course 4 times if there is a cool group of cats hangin' out.

If you want to play Flyboy competitively this year you have 1 chance (2 if you're a chick).

1) Atlanta Open
2) Flygirls

I will be having a mixed dubs round on the friday before flygirls so you may be able to come out for a round then...I know a lot of people will be jonesin' hardcore.

Just thought I would revive this thread.
Lake Russell is beeyootifull this time of year...;)

Latest posts