• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Get Buzzzed!

Should I Get a Buzzz?

• Go for it!

Votes: 85 93.4%
  • What's wrong with you?! Get something else!

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
I've thrown every Buzzz plastic except X, and for me it's all about the grip. I've found that while there are some tiny differences in flight, they're all still buzzzes, so I throw what feels best in my hand.

Right now for me that's CryZtal, with FLX being the runner up. But if you like the feel of ESP plastic I'm sure you'll get along with that buzzz.

you'll love esp,

i started out my buzzz love with 1 esp, 1 cryztal, and 1 flx

now i have 3 esp, and the cryztal and flx sit in my room bored.

i like the ESPs cause i feel that the stiffness helps it's consistency on release. i can't turn over my Z or cryztal buzzzes consistently, but the ESP is no problem.

i'll still use a roc before a buzzz on 95% of my shots. i can throw the roc straighter, shape it better, pin-point-park my shots with it.

I have Z and X, and like the Z better, but I would love to try out an ESP. I'm just out of 'disc budget' ATM (unless somebody wants to trade me an ESP Buzzz for this stupid E-Assassin)

i'll still use a roc before a buzzz on 95% of my shots. i can throw the roc straighter, shape it better, pin-point-park my shots with it.
*GASP!* I can't believe I traded my FR to a ROC THROWER! TRAITOR! AHHHH!!:eek:

haha, i actually used it today. there's 3 holes i tee'd off with it, about 4 others i approached with it. it's still in the bag :cool: rest assured...it's being thrown already

I really enjoy the ESP I have, but I've also thrown a Z and an FLX. My favorite one is a 178g FLX that bcr hooked me up with in a misprint deal. My ESP is for turnovers, Z is for middle of the road, and FLX is for middle/hyzer shots. I'm moving away from the Z because I don't like how it gets slippery when wet. When I get sweaty it gets annoying; and I can't imagine playing this winter in the snow will be much better. ESP/FLX all the way!

Got Buzzed!

So I bought a Z Buzz 175g on Friday, my first ever Discraft disc, used it the first time today. I was kind of skeptical that a disc could be this good, but needless to say I quickly came to love it.

I was playing a practice round today, and threw it on almost every hole/situation. Throwing it flat for max distance, it flew a lot like a TB, very straight, no high speed turn, same fade every time at the end. I was driving 260-270ft holes with it no problem. Also made some good tee shots with it on holes 150-200ft.

What really impressed me was making some anhyzer shots with it! My other mids are a DX Shark, DX Stingray, and Champion Stingray, all rather understable. Using them its hard for me to get a finesse type anhyzer shot, because they turn way to much, and usually crash way short. The Buzz on the other hand, I was anhyzering around corners, and it would flatten out, or even fade back some.

Needless to say I am really impressed so far, now I need to get a couple more!!! Should I get more Z Plastic, or what the characteristics of other plastics be?

Forgot to mention that I have a Champ Coyote coming in the mail, maybe should have saved the money for another Buzz, we'll see! Can't imagine liking it the way I did the Buzz!

I have 4 in my bag and i like them from ESP, to Cryztal, to Beat Pro-D, to my Z. The Z is pretty new and haven't really broken in my other two yet so I guess it's more of a back up right now. It's lighter then them though so I may start using it for drives.

Forgot to mention that I have a Champ Coyote coming in the mail, maybe should have saved the money for another Buzz, we'll see! Can't imagine liking it the way I did the Buzz!

I use 3 mid molds. Buzzz(ESP, Crystal, Pro-D and Z), Meteor(two ESP) and One Champ Coyote. I like the champ coyote for really wooded shots. It seems to find lines and it flies a lot different then any other discs I have in my bag. It's a nice one and was worth the trade i made for it with a Champ Sidewinder that was given to me. It also won me a FLX buzzz as a CTP.

i bought an ESP buzz about a month ago. have played it in about 10 rounds and hate it. i keep hearing all this stuff about it going where you throw and being very predictable.

this disc for me is super overstable. it starts hooking as soon as it leaves the hand. i just don't get it. i have thrown it hard and tried to finesse it. same result.

however, with that being said, i do want to get a crystal or z buzz to give it a shot. i know all discs are different, hopefully i can find one to live up to the hype.

I want to know if other would find this statement meaningful. Where the Roc can reveal form the Buzzz requires it. I have a stack of Rocs and love them but I'm giving the buzzz a shot and am enjoying it a lot and realizing the Roc can tell you a lot about you're throw (what you need to correct) to get a proper flight out of it and the Buzzz does as exactly what you tell it... problem being you have to talk to it. I feel like the Roc is more forgiving and I like it a lot. But I've got a few Buzz that I'm going to give a run and see how much I like them... I might be switching from innova.

i bought an ESP buzz about a month ago. have played it in about 10 rounds and hate it. i keep hearing all this stuff about it going where you throw and being very predictable.

this disc for me is super overstable. it starts hooking as soon as it leaves the hand. i just don't get it. i have thrown it hard and tried to finesse it. same result.

however, with that being said, i do want to get a crystal or z buzz to give it a shot. i know all discs are different, hopefully i can find one to live up to the hype.

Grab a Pro D buzzz. It's a great indicator of how you're throwing. If that meathooks on you, you're probably all arm and no snap in your throw.

It'll beat in fast and give you an understable buzzz reallllll quick if you're in woods/trees with it. I've gouged one just hitting a basket on a 200 ft approach shot with them. Other than durability it's a great disc.

Then work your esp in on the woods holes moreso and give it that tree love until you work some of the fade out. I don't find the buzzz to have much fade out of the box without an intentional hyzer release and I don't throw that far. Maxing at around 280 field and that 250ish idea on the course.

I've noticed that the weight makes a HUGE difference too. I have one that's 166 and one that's 174, and I use the 174 in the wind because it's much more stable than the 166.

I currently throw Rocs, but I absolutely hate the way they feel in my hand. Would the Buzzz feel significantly different or are the molds similar? I have a spider for a lot of utility shots, but I would like a nice stable straight flyer for those glorious runs at the chains from 200-250. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I currently throw Rocs, but I absolutely hate the way they feel in my hand. Would the Buzzz feel significantly different or are the molds similar? I have a spider for a lot of utility shots, but I would like a nice stable straight flyer for those glorious runs at the chains from 200-250. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I bought a Buzzz for the same reason, a friend recommended a Roc to me, but I was 3 months into playing and hated the way beaded discs felt.

The Buzzz will run dead straight or hold any line you put on it. I can throw mine ~300' now, and I'm not what people would call a big arm. So the Buzzz is exactly the disc you're describing.

I'd go to a store and see how they feel in your hand to help choose which plastic. My first was a FLX, and still my favorite outside of a CryZtal.

Latest posts