• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Get Buzzzed!

Should I Get a Buzzz?

• Go for it!

Votes: 85 93.4%
  • What's wrong with you?! Get something else!

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
FLX ESP Buzzz

Alright, so my friend just picked up an FLX ESP Buzzz in 178g and I have to be honest, that thing felt like a blowfly. Is it normal for it to be that flexible? I've thrown and handled other discs in FLX plastic, like the Avenger SS and it was nowhere near this gummy. Other than the fact it felt like I would bend it in half just by throwing, it felt good in my hand. Can I expect a similar feel from other Buzzz's (minus the gummy/floppy aspect of course)?

Well if you don't want it pass it on :) Im really thinking about adding a FLX Buzzz to my bag for them tight wooded shots were you hit a tree and Z plastic zings 1000 feet in the other direction. FLX would just take the impact and fall. Im sure different runs result in different stiffness. Thats why buying at a shop is nice, you can feel what your buying.

i love that gummyness of them. i have a FLX Predator and will flop just by shaking it in my hand. i lovvveeeee it! i also have a FLX avenger that is not as gummy. it might be a disc to disc thing.. not really sure though

EDIT: i also live in texas. so the heat might get to my discs a little bit too.

They're great in the Winter. Depending on what the temp was when you were handling the disc, it could have been reacting to the heat.

also wtf does you username say?

Hig 2A For Life....it's from High School when I was in debate. I was only good in the 2nd Affirmative position and was awful at the first affirmative position, so my teammate started writing Hig2A4Life all over all of my stuff (my last name starts with HIG).

I had one that was not too floppy/gummy, and I lost it. So, I bought two more, one to throw and a back-up, and they're both much less stiff than the one I lost. The jury's still out, however, I'm gonna wait until this winter to see how they feel before I decide to unload them.

How come people call it ESP FLX Buzz, instead of just FLX Buzz? Not that it matters, but I think people know what you're talking about when you say FLX Buzz.

I have a FLX Buzzz and I absolutely love it. It is the straightest Buzzz that I have in my bag, and I constantly reach for it.

Just ordered an ESP Buzzz, should get it in a couple days. Right now I'm really digging my old D Buzzz, but it's starting to show some wear. It's getting to the point where I'm worried about throwing it in the woods.

Unfortunately, I lost my FLX a couple weeks ago; but I didn't like it as much as the D anyway (as far as flight is concerned). Hopefully this ESP is the answer I'm looking for.

Hig 2A For Life....it's from High School when I was in debate. I was only good in the 2nd Affirmative position and was awful at the first affirmative position, so my teammate started writing Hig2A4Life all over all of my stuff (my last name starts with HIG).

Wow, I really hate being 2A.

The Buzz About the Buzzz

I got to hold a Buzzz yesterday and liked the feel. Should I get one? My current midrange of choice is my DX Shark and Pro D Challenger.

I cannot live without a Buzzz now. It's like a long range putter -- it will hold whatever line you put it on, won't fly too fast, and is a great tool for making you more accurate from mid distances. If I had to throw a round with one disc, I could do it with a Buzzz.

The Buzzz is the only mid a carry. I throw both Z and X. Both are great the Zs are a little more stable and then the X's. The Buzzz can take alot of power with out flipping over and can reach some great distances. I would say try it out if you dont like it you should have no problems trading it.