• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Getaway

I think what irked me most about the Escape was the fact that it flew NOTHING like the flight numbers on the disc. Same with the Renegade. I have no clue why Dynamic can't put more accurate flight numbers on their discs. To me the Escape was like a Sidewinder or Valk. Lots of high speed turn and completely wild.

Escape numbers are accurate.

I think what irked me most about the Escape was the fact that it flew NOTHING like the flight numbers on the disc. Same with the Renegade. I have no clue why Dynamic can't put more accurate flight numbers on their discs. To me the Escape was like a Sidewinder or Valk.

Escape does fly like the numbers for me. I've never measured, but I'd guess I probably max them around 320. I bag a year-old beat Lucid that's 9/5/-1.5/2, and a Moonshine that's been in the bag since late summer and flies 9/5/-0.5/2. Also have a backup fresh Lucid that is spot on the listed #'s of 9/5/-1/2. I do have an extremely beat biofuzion that flies kind of like a less glidey Hatchet or Sidewinder. But that thing was absolutely abused by trees...it was my main driver as I was just learning the game, so it saw more tree hits than fairways for a long time.

Regarding the Renegade though...totally agree. I have to give one midrange power to keep it from turning over uncontrollably. I bought one and thought that surely it was a fluke. So I bought a second, and it was the same thing. Sold them both. My noodle-armed buddy throws it pretty well though, but I don't think he gets much further than 275.

I wish I could find one of those super-flippy Renegades like y'all apparently have. My three Renegades were decent discs. Yes, I'm a noodle arm.

I have not tried an Escape, but it has a reputation for not being as stable as its numbers suggest. But it's a popular disc...

Escape numbers are accurate.

If it were thrown around 280-300, they might be. Past that, I would have to agree with Twmccoy that it is a turnover disc. So no, the numbers are not objectively accurate. Especially after some wear.

I wish I could find one of those super-flippy Renegades like y'all apparently have. My three Renegades were decent discs. Yes, I'm a noodle arm.

I have not tried an Escape, but it has a reputation for not being as stable as its numbers suggest. But it's a popular disc...

I've tried a couple Escapes. Not impressed. At all. Its kinda this weirdo stability for me. Flippy as a Valk and uncontrollable. Its too bad. The Escape looks good and feels good in the hand. It seems like a disc that ought to be thrown hard and flat for easy, accurate yards. Not the case. I don't like to finesse speed 9 discs. I'd rather just throw a mid hard.

Renegade. Yeesh. What a stinker. If you want a disc like a Renegade (flippy) but better, use a Mamba. I was crushing Mambas way further than Renegades.

I almost think DD introduced the Getaway because they knew the Escape was a weak performer for what it was SUPPOSED to do. They even named the Getaway something similar because it was supposed to be built as a more overstable Escape.

The one Lucid Renegade I threw was a flippy turd. Never thrown an Escape though. I got a Fuzion Getaway in a player's pack recently and bought a Big Z Vulture at the same tourney. Weather permitting, I plan to test those out against each other since they sounded similar.

The one Lucid Renegade I threw was a flippy turd. Never thrown an Escape though. I got a Fuzion Getaway in a player's pack recently and bought a Big Z Vulture at the same tourney. Weather permitting, I plan to test those out against each other since they sounded similar.

If you like Thunderbirds you'll love the Getaway. Very similar disc in speed, glide, stability, and overall distance. It'll handle 400'+ power without any high speed turn.

I had an Escape that was numbers flying even at 350'+ power. I stupidly traded it in to PIAS and I think it is still there. Since I've seen the Getaway compared to a ThB are Getaways comparable to the penned Star? Also does my ex-Escape seem like it would fit between a Champ ThB and a SW well?

I had an Escape that was numbers flying even at 350'+ power. I stupidly traded it in to PIAS and I think it is still there. Since I've seen the Getaway compared to a ThB are Getaways comparable to the penned Star? Also does my ex-Escape seem like it would fit between a Champ ThB and a SW well?

Not sure how the penned Star ThB flies relative to other ThB's. I've got pretty limited experience with Thundy's, so I can't distinguish between how different plastics/runs of Thundys fly. The Getaway is a much different beast depending on plastic type and weight, so you've got the ability to pick whether you want one that absolutely will have zero turn no matter what (Lucid in the 170's) or one that will have some turn to it before finishing with a consistent fade (low to mid 160's Biofuzion). Check out The Disc Store's youtube channel episode of "This Disc is Great With Steve and Nate" where they review the Getaway. They did a great review of it in a couple different plastic types. It's well worth your time to watch if you're on the fence about trying the mold.

Regarding your second question, it's a little tough to answer without knowing how beat your Escape was. But likely the answer is that yes, the Escape would sit well between your ThB and Sidewinder. I recommend going with Moonshine plastic if you want to be a touch on the more stable end compared to the Lucid you previously experienced.

I won a Getaway, and was pumped to try it after hearing a couple people rave about them locally.

Colour me disappointed. It flies the exact same as my Culverin when it was new, except it's domier and less comfortable in the hand. It's a perfectly fine disc, but I should have known that it wouldn't make my bag. It has the same flight numbers as the Culverin, according to Infinite. It'll either sit in my basement until I lose my Culverin or it gets too beat in, or maybe put it up for auction or something.

At least it has this cool ghost skull stamp thing on it, so that's nice I guess.

I won a Getaway, and was pumped to try it after hearing a couple people rave about them locally.

Colour me disappointed. It flies the exact same as my Culverin when it was new, except it's domier and less comfortable in the hand. It's a perfectly fine disc, but I should have known that it wouldn't make my bag. It has the same flight numbers as the Culverin, according to Infinite. It'll either sit in my basement until I lose my Culverin or it gets too beat in, or maybe put it up for auction or something.

At least it has this cool ghost skull stamp thing on it, so that's nice I guess.

Well, I'm not sure what you were expecting out of the Getaway. It and the Culverin have practically the same flight numbers. Basically a speed 9 driver with no high speed turn and a predictable late fade.

I'm really enjoying my Biofuzion (173) Getaway- long, glidey, nice stable finish. Exactly what I need alongside the felon and explorer. My Lucid getaway (172) seems much more stable.
Thinking about trying a Fuzion getaway. Can anybody here compare the Fuzion to the Biofuzion? Thanks!

Correction: It's a Lucid Getaway, not a Fuzion. Had it confused with a Maverick I got in the same player's pack.

Pretty solid driver overall. It's high 160s in weight with decent dome, not pop top. Straight with fade flight, good glide. It was nasty wet outside and I'm pretty rusty so I'm still figuring it out. Compared to the heavier Big Z Vulture the Getaway felt a little nicer in my little hands and was easier to throw straight due to less HSS. It wasn't flippy but I could see it beating in to have some turn and the Vulture has tons of HSS and maybe a harder fade also. I tended to put the Getaway a little farther and more center-fairway than the Vulture. That Vulture is surprisingly stout, reminded me of a seasoned Predator or maybe a Starfire type disc.

Because the only times I flip my Escapes as much as a Roadrunner are when I OAT it.

The roadrunners you've thrown must have all been flippy compared to the RRs I've thrown if you think all Roadunners are flippy. Also, if you've never beat an Escape to fliptastic then try the Biofusion. Bio/Recycled is my favorite Lat64 plastic next to Classic, but I digress. Roadrunners are cheater discs, like Escapes, and get extra D from the glide when hyzer flipped passed 350'. They roll about the same too:|

Yeah. I've thrown both a bunch and escapes are very similar to roadrunners. Roadrunners are decently more stable than numbers suggest, and escapes are much less stable than their numbers suggest. Especially with a month on both, they will fly very similar, since the escape will season quicker. I had to stop throwing escapes because one day I realized my whole stack of them had worn to roller discs.

Yeah. I've thrown both a bunch and escapes are very similar to roadrunners. Roadrunners are decently more stable than numbers suggest, and escapes are much less stable than their numbers suggest. Especially with a month on both, they will fly very similar, since the escape will season quicker. I had to stop throwing escapes because one day I realized my whole stack of them had worn to roller discs.

I can see where you might be coming from with this but I see RRs as generally less stable than SWs which are generally less stable than the a fore mentioned Valk. My point being that perhaps the Innova numbers jive with how their discs fly in context of only Innova but when compared to similar numbers from another company there seems to be something lost in translation.

numbers don't lie:doh:

I can see where you might be coming from with this but I see RRs as generally less stable than SWs which are generally less stable than the a fore mentioned Valk. My point being that perhaps the Innova numbers jive with how their discs fly in context of only Innova but when compared to similar numbers from another company there seems to be something lost in translation.

numbers don't lie:doh:

Right. It's the idea of comparing numbers across brands that gets you into trouble. I was just trying to quantify my thoughts. :thmbup: