• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting a chance to meet Dave Feldberg

Chainchaser

Double Eagle Member
and hopefully do a couple videos as he plays the KY state doubles championship with Will Schusterick. I have talked with Dave on the phone and my radio show a few times so I stoked to go meet him. I have no experience doing DG videos,mostly do fishing videos, but I have a couple HD camcorders so hopefully I can get some good videos.

For anybody out there that has done some DG videos what is proper etiquette for doing them? I just don't want to get out there and do something stupid!!:doh: Lately I have been taking a stupid pill so I am kind of nervous a bit. I just don't want to mess up anybody by being out there. Any advice i would appreciate it.

turn off your cell phone and stay out of the way :)
Yea I am posting that on my forehead so I see it in the mirror when I wake up in the morning!!!:thmbup:
Take notes beforehand and try to stick to the script.

Oh, and please learn the names of what throw is what. Don't call a shot a "scooby" just because sounds cool.
I don't think I will be doing any commentary ;) but if I do I have to say scooby at least once!!!!:gross:

and hopefully do a couple videos as he plays the KY state doubles championship with Will Schusterick. I have talked with Dave on the phone and my radio show a few times so I stoked to go meet him. I have no experience doing DG videos,mostly do fishing videos, but I have a couple HD camcorders so hopefully I can get some good videos.

For anybody out there that has done some DG videos what is proper etiquette for doing them? I just don't want to get out there and do something stupid!!:doh: Lately I have been taking a stupid pill so I am kind of nervous a bit. I just don't want to mess up anybody by being out there. Any advice i would appreciate it.

Fake it till you make it. The top tier Pros are used to being filmed, they'll roll with it. The worst are the high-rated Am's or freshly turned pros who don't have the ability to block out periphery activities and focus so they stop for every small movement in the gallery, or won't throw if a camera is present, etc. Those players you just have to ignore, because they don't understand the level they're playing at yet.

Have fun, speak your mind, and own your project - you are the creative vision. When filming rounds, just be aware of your surroundings and it'll all go fine. Good luck :thmbup:

I have no experience doing DG videos,mostly do fishing videos, but I have a couple HD camcorders so hopefully I can get some good videos.

Don't stand where this guy did and I'm sure you'll do fine.
http://youtu.be/cl9WnCfOuEw

:doh:

I use to play with Feldberg back in the day. He was friends with my roommate Brian at WMU. I do not follow disc golf...just play. i hadn't even realized it was the same person until I read his bio.

I've met Feldberg a time or two, and he seems like a fairly pleasant person, but my impression is that he's the sensitive poet type, so make sure to be polite and follow etiquette. Maybe if he likes you, you can get an interview out of him. He enjoys teaching, so perhaps you can bring that out of him between rounds or something?

I've met Feldberg a time or two, and he seems like a fairly pleasant person, but my impression is that he's the sensitive poet type, so make sure to be polite and follow etiquette. Maybe if he likes you, you can get an interview out of him. He enjoys teaching, so perhaps you can bring that out of him between rounds or something?
Well I have interviewed Dave a few times on my radio show and I am really not looking to start a video blog or anything like that. I just carried his bag for two rounds at idlewild today. It was to say the least, amazing. I also had the pleasure to watch two of the best in DG with Dave and Will Shusterick. If you ever get the chance to walk the course with Will or Dave do it. Will is a natural no doubt. Watching on video does not do his raw power justice. For those who have played idlewild, they will know what I am talking about, he parked hole two long pin across the lake. Unbelievable shot. It was funny after the first round they shot 72 and were tied for first place. On the second round they shot a 65. It was a real pleasure to watch!!!

I followed Feldberg and Climo around my home course a couple of years ago when they were in town for the Atlanta Open and stayed to give a group lesson. They only played 9 holes, since the course was in flux and they were about to give their lesson, but it definitely made an impression on me. It's nothing you can really describe in words, but they make the sport seem almost effortless. :thmbup:

Latest posts