• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Give me some ideas for the metal ring that chains attach to

Tmart

Eagle Member
I am adding an inner set of chains to my new discatcher sport and I wanted to use a jailer ring keychain to hold them at the bottom but I can't seem to find a place that sells those anymore. Can you guys give me some ideas of other metal rings I could use for this purpose?

Thanks!

I went to Michaels and Joann Fabrics and they did not have any solid rings that were acceptable to me, only some very thin ones.

What kinds of things are you guys using for your bottom ring?

For my homemade, I had some thick copper wire in my basement. Not sure what gauge it is, but it was coated solid copper (probably 1/4" in total, with the insulation) that is stiff enough to do the job just fine. Bent it into a circle and electrical taped together. Has done the trick just fine for almost a year now.

I just added two more rows of chain to my Mach Lite with zipties and they're holding up great.

I used a binder ring on my homemade basket. Wrapped the clasp with electrical tape afterwards.

1011752883.jpg

I used a binder ring on my homemade basket. Wrapped the clasp with electrical tape afterwards.

1011752883.jpg

Yea I saw these there, and I might have to resort to them if I can't find anything else. But I really have my heart set on something thick, heavy, professional looking and rustproof.

One of these towel rings would be awesome I just need a way of breaking it away from the mount:

034584001689lg.jpg

I do have a hacksaw...

Last edited:
I used 3/16" aircraft cable from home depot, and fastened it with a 3/16" aluminum sleeve. Looks just like a factory job :)

Check Tractor Supply or Farm & Fleet if you have them nearby. They carry lots of widgets and stuff that Lowes and HD don't.

So I emailed DGA last thursday because that's the only way you can purchase their OEM basket rings, havent heard anything yet.

I used 3/16" aircraft cable from home depot, and fastened it with a 3/16" aluminum sleeve. Looks just like a factory job :)

Can you link me one of these aluminum sleeves? I can't seem to find them, but if they are a totally flush way of connecting a cable to itself then that would work for me.

Well i got bored of waiting on a reply so I just went and called DGA and they let me order the 8" ring for $3 plus "a couple bucks" shipping! So now my discatcher sport will be complete with 9 inner chains and an 8 inch ring, 27 chains on 2 rings this thing is gonna catch like a champ!

Latest posts