• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow discs for everyday use?

discdug

Par Member
Does anyone use glow discs for everyday play? I just purchased a Evo glow wizard and love the feel of it. I might consider using it for my main putter. I also read that the glow buzzz is a little more stable than the z buzzz. My question is: Do these discs hold up well against everyday use?

Glows can be a bit tricky to find in snow, but as far as durability, they hold up every bit as well as their non-glow plastic counterpart. Oh I mean, no, they're terrible, and you should trade that glow evo wizard to me, so I can keep it safe. :D

I have several glow discs in my regular bag. The glow discs hold up as well as their counterpart plastic; DX ... as well as other DX, Z as well as other Z, champ as well as other champ, ... etc. I've "heard" that it can cause the glow compound to lose its properties faster using them all the time in daylight but I haven't found a single discs yet that's has stopped glowing or doesn't seem to glow as brightly as it's backup disc (other than from dirt/scratches). I actually LIKE playing with my glow discs regularly so when I do have a glow round, I'm familiar with a majority of the discs I'm throwing because I use them frequently.

As far as stability ... I know innova had more over stable champ glow (based on higher PHL, most likely cooling different than normal champ) discs that their standard champ ... but I've heard they are getting better at flying like the normal disc in their later runs. Discraft, I haven't seen this to be "typical" like it was with innova for a while. I had glo Z buzzzs that were less stable than my regular Z or my BS buzzzs.

I love the feel of champ glow plastic. It's got good flex and is nice and durable. If I would find all the discs I throw in Champ Glow, that's all I would throw.

Dye helps in the winter.

Just picked up an x out glow champ fb new for 8 bucks at pias. Its just as beefy as the 11x fb I just sold, and for 20+ mph headwind, I'm pulling this thing out for any shots from 200-300 ft.

I have 5 glow out of 10 anodes that I use regularly for practice and play and a glow buzzz that just sits around looking sexy bc no one does glow night golf around here.

I throw Glow Champ King Cobras all the time. Scared to buy regular run champ ones, in case they fly different. So i stocked up on a few of these.

Some folks say the glow dx rocs, glow kc rocs, and glow kc aviars are more overstable than their non-glow counter parts.

I'd say a flat heavy z buzzz is more stable than the flat heavy glo buzzz counter part, but it's not much. Also, I love the way the glo z plastic feels in the hand, thus I throw a glo wasp, glo zone, glo buzzz and I own a glo stalker but I'm not a stalker fan.

THOUGH, I don't like the cfr glo plastic that gazelle is. I prefer the DX plastic.

My workhorse fairway driver is a Glow Leo. Just lost one on Thanksgiving Day that I'd had for over two years. loved that disc. I've got another in bag but its not at the sweet spot that the old one was. I probably have 5-6 back ups in the basements. Also carry a Glow Buzz, tried carrying the Buzz in different plastics but the glow keep kicking everything out.

To answer your question, yes. They hold up just fine. My old Leo had no telling how many rounds on it plus it flew and felt awesome.

glo buzzz - however, mine is a 173g and is more understable than my other z buzzzes fyi. Weight DOES make a difference.

The Glow Champ plastic feels at least as good as regular champ. I have an awesome glow champ gator in my everyday bag. It's flatter and faster than my CFR champ gator.

I have a glo wiz and glo buzzz in my bag....just like everyone else in this thread haha

I've got a glow champ Teebird and Aviar in my bag as well as eclipse Vector, Ion, and Anodes.

At night, I put LEDs on my discs...

Latest posts