• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Go with the FLOW

Spike1

Eagle Member
I will get two Flows on Monday or Tuesday, one Opto and one G.L. Can't wait! As soon as any of you try it, please post your initial impressions. Over here it's not the best season to try discs; frost on the ground and below freezing point, so I guess the discs full potential will be harder to spot. But the job has to be done and some have to do it. Keep your test results coming!

I wanted to try the two Flows (opto vs gold) side by side today, but the weather was too bad. The two look a bit different in shape (height of the dome), but the PLH is absolutely identical. GL is a bit flatter than the Opto. I really look forward to throwing them.

Any chance of some side by side profile pic's? I am trying to decide which plastic to order. I am ordering up a River too. So I can only get one of the plastics for the flow

BLURR said:
Any chance of some side by side profile pic's? I am trying to decide which plastic to order. I am ordering up a River too. So I can only get one of the plastics for the flow
Here it is...
2dwdxr9.jpg

That is a beautiful profile^^^^^^. I will be grabbing a couple to test tomorrow.

well, just threw it about a half dozen times in the field.

all I want to do is keep throwing it. It has the nearly all the glide of the river, with the rim of a super fast driver... it was remarkably easy to get goood distance with it. I was throwing it with a little bit of hyzer, and it would flip up and over (just a little bit) and glide for a while and then come down, fade wasn't too crazy. And for the people who can throw farther than I can... wow, it will go. Far.

And this is great because this is my favorite shot, the ol' flip to turn and glide drive.

I did throw the last one on a big "sky anny," and it would've got ridiculous distance if it didn't hit the tree line ~40ft in the air from where I was throwing it. Held the line and glided, flew flat for a while... then hit trees. Wish I could give you more, but... back to work.

discspeed said:
That is a beautiful profile^^^^^^. I will be grabbing a couple to test tomorrow.
When you do, could you look at the profiles to see if the Optos are generally more domey than the G.Ls?
Hoey said:

all I want to do is keep throwing it. It has the nearly all the glide of the river, with the rim of a super fast driver... it was remarkably easy to get goood distance with it. I was throwing it with a little bit of hyzer, and it would flip up and over (just a little bit) and glide for a while and then come down, fade wasn't too crazy. And for the people who can throw farther than I can... wow, it will go. Far.

And this is great because this is my favorite shot, the ol' flip to turn and glide drive.

I did throw the last one on a big "sky anny," and it would've got ridiculous distance if it didn't hit the tree line ~40ft in the air from where I was throwing it. Held the line and glided, flew flat for a while... then hit trees. Wish I could give you more, but... back to work.
Cool! Was that the Opto or Gold?

Hoey said:

what would you rate the HSS and LSS?

Is there a regulation on how sharp the rim can be?

There is a local disc golfer that has been playing since forever (high 2,000 pdga #) and he will occasionally bring his collection of old discs to learn us younger guys up on. He has this one black disc that must be 15-20 years old that has a rim as wide or wider than today's warp speed drivers and the nose comes to a point >. The thing is crazy sharp and looking at the Flow's profile kinda reminds me of it (not nearly as sharp though). Anyone know about this disc? Working Stiff?

Sounds like a Flazer. They were a Destiny Disc. I think this is the disc that started that rule.

uNicedmeMan said:
Is there a regulation on how sharp the rim can be?
PDGA Tech Standards said:
(11) have a rim configuration rating of 26.0 or greater;
(12) pass the leading edge radius test with a 1/16" (1.6 mm) radius gauge;
The full PDGA Tech Standards document is available here should you be interested.

sunspot said:
Hoey said:

what would you rate the HSS and LSS?

yes yes, HSS and LSS, please?

and the rim size, what does it compare to? hopefully not nuke size.....

A glidey, less stable destroyer-like-disc?! Sounds like a sonic boomer.

Bit the bullet...just ordered a GL and an Opto. The wife is gonna string me up by my man parts when she finds out.

Wednesday is the worst day of the week when you have nothing to do and you know you are getting new toys on Thursday...

kern9787 said:
Wednesday is the worst day of the week when you have nothing to do and you know you are getting new toys on Thursday...
Or...you get your toys on Wednesday and know you won't get to play until Saturday. :cry:

Latest posts