• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Golf is dead.

zenbot

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Anybody have any 411 on this new DGCR sponsor?

292399_404449759590324_1130560628_n.jpg

I'm intrigued, I will be following this thread.

Nice thing is we only have to wait a few days, no long anticipation factor.

Speculation: They are disc golf pirates, and on the 4th of July they will invade Pebble Beach golf course to loot and pillage - their ship will be called, the SS Avenger.

asians using golf clubs and discs?

I'm not a golf fan, but there are more sponsership $ in one week of golf events than we have in an entire season of DG events. Golf is a lot of things, but dead isn't one of them.

Size of purses is a minuscule indicator for the health of any sport considering golf is dying (not dead) and DG is still on the upswing.

GOLF IS DEAD
AND NOONE CARES
IF THERE IS A COURSE
WE WON'T BE THERE

Size of purses is a minuscule indicator for the health of any sport considering golf is dying (not dead) and DG is still on the upswing.

I didn't come here to argue, but your statement is ridiculous. What I hear you saying is that the 5lb animal has gained a pound and now weighs 6 where as the 10,000lb monster has dropped 10 and is down to a svelte 9,990lbs. More people watched Tiger win the AT&T yesterday than have viewed all of Billy Crump's DVDs combined. As someone that loves discgolf, I too am glad that our game is growing and one day we may become a mainstream sport, but for now we are a fringe sport. Golf is very much mainstream and is near and dear to the people that have the resources to ensure that it's not going anywhere. I wish this new sponser well but this is simply false advertising. Golf is neither dead nor dying.

Golf is so far from dead. I live by a few golf courses and every time I drive by, there are foursomes, each player having paid ~$50 to play a round. All day. All evening. All week.

As a spectator sport, there are less people at events when Tiger isn't doing well. That's valid. But disc golf is far from even being considered a spectator sport at this point.

Latest posts