• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gonna get hate for this... But the Groove

I agree that being an athlete CAN be beneficial to picking up a new sport, but I don't know of anything in baseball that translates well to good BH or FH form, unless you're a sidearm pitcher. Maybe not even then.

I would disagree with this to point. The follow through of your off hand in a baseball swing mirrors a BH throw almost perfectly. Hip rotation, weight transfer, swinging through the ball all come into play. Take some time and some embarrassment, go to your local batting cages and hit some balls off hand. It's great practice for the winter months when there isn't enough light to play.

Unfortunately this only translates if one is a successful switch hitter or bats left but throws right.

I have a groove in my bag and plenty of backups in storage. Crap gets started and people just pile on. The way I look at it is, if people don't like them, I can pick them up cheaper.

Pretty excited that a Groove thread has been revived after three years. People need to talk about Grooves more. They're polarizing like Obama, and it makes for entertaining conversations.

I have two Grooves on my trade list - any Groove fans here that want 'em?

Tourney swag, never thrown . . .

I don't hate Grooves I've had some good ones but it's the least predictable mold I've ever bagged.

I had one that was Boss like or even Ape like in stability and another that threw like a Katana off the shelf.

The wing angle is just so important to the flight and you never know how these will be.

I would disagree with this to point. The follow through of your off hand in a baseball swing mirrors a BH throw almost perfectly. Hip rotation, weight transfer, swinging through the ball all come into play. Take some time and some embarrassment, go to your local batting cages and hit some balls off hand. It's great practice for the winter months when there isn't enough light to play.

Unfortunately this only translates if one is a successful switch hitter or bats left but throws right.

Yup to this^^^. To anyone who doesn't think baseball skills translate to disc golf skills, just ask Leiviska, Koling & McBeth. They each balled at a high level before going pro at disc golf and they're each on the record about the connection between baseball & disc golf.

Latest posts