• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Goodbye to the Teerex?

thanks for clearing it up. I heard the Max is like a faster rex. Can any one confirm or deny this?

thanks for clearing it up. I heard the Max is like a faster rex. Can any one confirm or deny this?

Not faster but more overstable and less glide. They are great long range headwind discs, but in my experience they are shorter than a TeeRex.

its prolly just the DX version. i doubt they would dump the star as alot of people still throw them, myself included. but i guess i will go back to stocking up at tourns.

You've basically said that since the guy loves throwing a Firebird for sidearm, he should really try and throw an Archangel because they fly the same.

Never thought about something like this. If you want the path of a firebird sidearm, throw an Archangel backhand. I'd like to see a thread of discs mirroring each other like this.

Not faster but more overstable and less glide. They are great long range headwind discs, but in my experience they are shorter than a TeeRex.

^^ This.^^ Max is a pig in the wind. Zero glide, though, even if they are fast. And I'm not sure why we're all torn up about Teerex's going OOP. They've been extinct for ages...

Now if they'd introduce a disc called the Pachycephalosaurus, THAT I could get into.

Sidenote: That lousy pun aside, I really like Teerexes. Once you beat them in a little, they feel like a faster Beast of old.

I have 2 star teerex one is flat and hard as a board the other is flat and gummy. both are same mold.

the flat one is a dark colored marble disc the other is white.

anyone have similar story about trex, im thinking the marble flat one is mixed with champ plastic to marble it but printed star. both same weight 169g

I would hope not, the combination of overstability and glide is hard to come by. It's what feldberg thinks can break the distance record, and what he had Garret throwing in the driving clinic. I found a dx recently and they bomb on distance lines.

I bet most dinosaurs could out throw a T.Rex with those girly arms.

Serously though, the first run Teerexes are still some of the bast fast and overstable discs yet made...Innova has finally made something better though...It's called the PD2. It's slightly faster, but has similar flight characteristics to those FR Teerexes. Xcals and Apes fall short of being trustworthy overstable performers imo.

Serously though, the first run Teerexes are still some of the bast fast and overstable discs yet made...Innova has finally made something better though...It's called the PD2. It's slightly faster, but has similar flight characteristics to those FR Teerexes. .

i have a couple of PD2s in my possesion but have yet to throw them. how much more effort does it take to put them on that same line and what kind of improved reliable distance is there. im having a hard time letting go of the TeeRex just cause its so damn consistent.

Why did they change the mold from the fr teerex?

cause its innova. FR equals $$$$. std run equals ¢¢¢¢. no idea why they change something everyone loves. my FR TeeRex once beat in flew just like a wraith but a tight stable line. if your really picky you can find std run rexes that have really close flights.

I was just digging through the 2016 Innova catalog, and notice that the TeeRex is gone. Can anyone confirm that the mighty Rex is a thing of the past?

I was just digging through the 2016 Innova catalog, and notice that the TeeRex is gone. Can anyone confirm that the mighty Rex is a thing of the past?

Can't confirm but Innova never seemed to really push that mold. If you're interested in an OS speed 11 disc you should check out a Discraft Crush :thmbup: or an MVP Motion :D.

Had to chime in... The TR mold TeeRex is actually more overstable than the TRX mold. I see a lot of people getting this wrong in this thread. TR mold is more overstable than the XCal, BTW.

Latest posts