• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

thanks for the new thread, this was needed.

i'm looking forward to ordering a green one if they still have it in stock after payday. new season, new bag. it just makes sense.

Anyone KNOW what materials this bag is made of. All it says in the description is "best materials in the world"

252? Quality backpacks are not cheap. And they are not selling thousands and thousands so the cost of production is higher.

They will still sell a crap load. Not too many better options out there in a backpack that has stood the test of time. If I'm gonna spend 200, 252 is not that much more. It's a better bag than the L series for sure. They have had 2 years to perfect this design, other bags are just now coming out.

I'm hoping that we see more bags from them. Smaller backpack maybe?

Last edited:
I asked Grip (on Twitter) awhile ago, and they said they've been using Cordura. Not sure if they meant A series.

I just bought a Black during there 15 dollar off deal... 185$ totally cool. 252$ Meh maybe ask for one as a gift but at this point in time. I wouldnt buy one for myself.

$252 for a backpack? No thanks. Overpriced.

purchasing today includes free overnight shipping. and tax free while the government still allows it.

So my shoulder-angel and shoulder-devil fought long and rough over whether to click the place order button. My fiance sided with the dev--- err angel! and tomorrow i'll have a grey/green one :p

Why the "testers"? And why so close to the release of the A series? They must be developing a newer, improved bag, right? The A series is just a cosmetically altered L series?

Why the "testers"? And why so close to the release of the A series? They must be developing a newer, improved bag, right? The A series is just a cosmetically altered L series?

Thats what I am thinking. They have only just gotten the "testers" down to the final 60.

To all the people who complain about how much these bags cost, it seems like some people just expect nice things to be cheap. I play 3-4 times a week, and if I had one of these bags for $250, I would be paying something like $1.50 each of those days that I play. Not that much at least for how much I would get out of it. Plus they are super durable, so they will last a long time. $250 for at least 5 years of playing is not that much IMO. I am completely happy with my L-series Grip, so I won't be getting one in the foreseeable future, but I don't think that $50 more for a serious product is too much. Just my $.02

Anyone KNOW what materials this bag is made of. All it says in the description is "best materials in the world"

I'm pretty sure its still Cordura for the main body and remaining areas are still nylon. Might be worth checking with Grip to verify that is the case still.

are the rain guards color matching? does it still sit on a camptime stool with its forward slant?

To all the people who complain about how much these bags cost, it seems like some people just expect nice things to be cheap. I play 3-4 times a week, and if I had one of these bags for $250, I would be paying something like $1.50 each of those days that I play. Not that much at least for how much I would get out of it. Plus they are super durable, so they will last a long time. $250 for at least 5 years of playing is not that much IMO. I am completely happy with my L-series Grip, so I won't be getting one in the foreseeable future, but I don't think that $50 more for a serious product is too much. Just my $.02

I agree with you. That being said, I am still using the same bag a purchased 4 years ago. A lightly used Innova Deluxe with a set of Innova straps. I have $40 invested into it, and I've probably used it for 500+ rounds. It looks virtually the same as the day I got it, with slightly faded fabric. Any bag, when taken care of and treated well, should last for several years. I suppose part of it comes down to how well an individual treats their personal property.