• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] H3

Dana

Double Eagle Member
I got a chance to throw the 750 H3 Proto a few times while in Arizona.

The H3 is much more throwable for me than the H1 and H2. I would say that the stability is perfect from H3 to H2 to H1. I could not hyzer-flip it to straight. My best throws were flex shots. I threw a few forehand shots with it and am happy with how they flew. Hoping to get some more throws and a video up when I get a chance.

From Will Shusterick- "Extremely straight and goes far for being a hybrid. More glide than the H2 and can handle a slight turn and still come back out of it. The H3 has a micro bead on the bottom as well. Somes out of the hand well and can handle a slight headwind it seems. Looking forward to adding it into the bag after this week"

if you can, what would you say the rim seems closest to in terms of its profile?

Is the blend of 750 on these as firm as the H1s? I am really liking it, but I can't wait for it to soften a little with use. Would love it a little softer right off the shelf.

"I don't have a whole bunch of power... I'm throwing 415, 430 consistently..."

:rolleyes:

If you're over 1000 rated 415-430ft is not a lot of power. Most of the time in bigger tournaments you'll be the noodle arm on your card.

Ah... I didn't realize he was only reviewing the H3 for 1000+ rated players. Makes sense.

The idea of a microbead on a driver definitely intrigues me. Looks like it throws kinda like a thunderbird? Maybe?

More overstable than the Thunderbird, PBmercil.

I'm definitely loving it for flicks. I don't have to crank on it as much as I do the H1 or H2. I just need to get out and throw it more. Hopefully soon!

So just about as a PD in speed and stability with a more firebird-esque blunter nose+lower wing. I think these blunter nose+lower wing configurations are so comfy and durable, especially in forehand and overhand grips.

Does this sound right?
H1 - About the most glideless, overstable disc produced.
H2 (haven't thrown :c ) - About like a Predator?
H3 (haven't thrown) - About like a CPD?
H4 - About like a fresh Viking/Valk or a worn Thunderbird.

Ted this is how they fly for my noodle-

H1= Definitely one of the most stable discs I've thrown. I have a FAF Firebird & the H1 probably goes left more & sooner
H2= For me pretty similar to a standard Firebird. Still very OS but throwable
H3= Haven't thrown but flat PD was thrown out there by somebody in the know
H4= Still haven't figured this one out. Mine was way more stable than I expected. I guess I was expecting a Valk & I got more of a Viking/PD (haven't thrown a Thunderbird)

Again these are noddle arm experiences. If you have a cannon mileage will differ

I love Prodigy discs......Have not tried the H3 but do throw an H4....Very stiff - good flight.....These discs have a different 'shape' to them (not bad), just different

H1= Definitely one of the most stable discs I've thrown. I have a FAF Firebird & the H1 probably goes left more & sooner

This 100%. I've never had a Firebird get anywhere near as close to vertical on a line drive like I have the H1. Never thought I'd pull my Firebirds, but I'm not missing them right now.