• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Harmony Bends which layout

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I'm in MO and finally get a road trip to Harmony Bends tomorrow. Only get 1 round in, so which layout should we play? Would blues be completely demoralizing for a 350' throwing ma40/50/60 card?

We're also playing Indian Hills I think. That looks like a short course.

I always opt to play the longest layout for the full experience.

Disclaimer- if my wife is with me (bad knees and limited distance) I opt for the shorter layouts.

I say if your group is throwing 350' drives play the long (blue) tees. I've played from all 3 tees and all were excellent experiences. That course and property is amazing. Hopefully it is dry down by the creek for you all tomorrow. I've played it when those holes were a muddy mess...

Play the longs. That's what we did and you saw how long and accurate we throw. :\

I'd love to get back there and try the shorter sets of tees, you know, the ones designed for players like me. When playing courses of this caliber I like to play the longs. It's cool to see how much better the pros are than us noobs.

Have fun, it's an amazing course. You'll love it.

Oh, and if you find a pink Lucid-X Maverick in the creek on hole 18 that'd be mine. :p

Not having 300' power, I happily play short tees & did so @ Harmony in 2019. I think I used the white on #10? The downhill shot? There was a group of 6 or so playing in front of me & let me play along with them. I think it was more fun from the white on that hole. Love an epic downhill hole.

All the pads are good.
Just pick the pad that looks like the most fun (for your group) when you get to the hole.
Some are really challenging/not as fun from the longs. If you're there for fun, play for fun...

All the pads are good.
Just pick the pad that looks like the most fun (for your group) when you get to the hole.
Some are really challenging/not as fun from the longs. If you're there for fun, play for fun...

This is generally how I roll on trips. I don't plan on playing any particular tee/basket. I decide on each hole based on how I'm feeling then and there.

Sometimes you're feeling good about your control or distance. Sometimes you're not. Maybe your gassed because it's your 3rd or 4th round that day. Maybe you see a miss you're somewhat likely to make, and the shule looks particularly nasty. Maybe you're pressed for time, so you just play to the basket you can see from the tee.

I generally find it more interesting to mix up tees/baskets. YMMV

Going to play Hornets Nest with my wife and was planning to play the shorts for her but she informed me that she wants us (me) to get the full experience and play the hardest or longest layout.

It seems most of the people I play with always prefer a challenge I guess.