• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Paige Pierce peaked?

SD86

Banned
Just kidding. :D Obviously, Paige Pierce is a disc golf machine out there.

After watching the W.A.C.O. event this past weekend, I'm wondering if she can be stopped at all this year. Can, or will, anyone give her any competition for an entire tournament?

The only hope for others I can see is tournaments in the woods. Paige excels in the open game with her power. On tight fairways, she can hit a tree or two like the rest of us.

Should be a fun year, but I hope some other ladies step up and give her some competition...

I think it will play out much like last season where she converted 22/26 starts into wins. That being said, she should have lost in WACO, that was a serious collapse by Hokum coming down the stretch and again on 18. The courses like that that have several short technical holes mixed in at least give the other women a fighting chance.

In WACO, Paige hunted down Sarah, chipping away at Sarah's lead in the 3d round. That's what makes Paige so tough to beat... no lead against her is safe.

As to the collapse towards the end, yeah, Sarah's putting accuracy took the train to Albuquerque, and that tee shot on the last hole was a disaster. Not as shameful as the Atlanta Falcons's dishonorable humiliation in the Super Bowl, but yes, a bad collapse.

Well she still has a lot less competition than Climo did. When's the LPDGA happening?

Paige is definitely the most athletic women's open player. Just a lot more explosive off the tee than any of her competition. I think that has a lot to do with her dominance. She's probably a lot happier with DD so that probably will keep things consistent.

I've always seen baseball as the mainstream sport that translates closest to disc golf in terms of mechanics. It would be great to see former competitive softball players move to disc golf and compete. If you ever watch college softball it's crazy how athletic those players are. Until then, the division is Paige's.

^SD just wanted to get the jump on it and not wait, as with the Shoestring thread. Just don't forget to use the Search function if/when the time does come.

I agree with what most have said. Paige crushes and putts better than anyone she competes with. Hokom has had her putting struggles but she was on at the WACO and still found a way to lose to Paige in the end.

Paige just have Another gear that no other FPO player have, when she plays ok the other FPO players can match her. . . but when she kicks in that extra gear she can match MPO players.

Paiges only "problem" is consistency, but for now she will win even if she make a bad round o two

Paige just have Another gear that no other FPO player have, when she plays ok the other FPO players can match her. . . but when she kicks in that extra gear she can match MPO players.

Paiges only "problem" is consistency, but for now she will win even if she make a bad round o two

Inconsistency is consistent with fpo. Catrina, Sarah, have been placing all over the place lately.

Yes...but so have Paul and Rick. . consistency is HARD in discgolf
Paul has been in the top ten of every tournament in 2017 and 2018, except the one he DNF'd. I wouldn't exactly call that inconsistent play.

Maybe once or twice, Catrina is as you say very good when she is playing well . . .but she´s been very up and down this year

But 2018 has started well for paige. . . . better than all the other usual Winners like Paul and Rick

Paul has been in the top ten of every tournament in 2017 and 2018, except the one he DNF'd. I wouldn't exactly call that inconsistent play.

Yes and thats impressive...BUT for Paul and Rick you expect them to allways be on that lead card. and to see Rick in 13th Place last week feels odd.

It´s been a few years where it felt like Paul or Rick won Everything. . but a slow start in 2018 for them

So i feel Paige is the most consistent Winner in discgolf right now

Maybe once or twice, Catrina is as you say very good when she is playing well . . .but she´s been very up and down this year

But 2018 has started well for paige. . . . better than all the other usual Winners like Paul and Rick

The big differentiator is that I don't think you see Paige airball 10 ft putts. Paige's mental game is strong, and to back it up with those skills. She's the best women's disc golfer.

Paige's worst FPO finish since 2014 is 7th (15 Majestic). She's finishing #1 in probably 75% of events she plays in. Top 5 all except once or twice. I feel she plays consistently and dominantly. 99 career victories. Highest rated woman. She's the Paul and the Rick. Meaning she might not get 1st in every event, but she'll be on the podium. Sounds pretty consistent to me!

Paige rocks. $0.02.

Latest posts