• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Paige Pierce peaked?

my post was nothing negative about Paige, i love watching Paige and the other FPO players. . I actually like the FPO more than the MPO.

Paige consistently wins . .but it almost feels like she can turn her "A game" on when she needs to. . .if she could play at her "a game level al the time, she would beat most of the MPO players

Eagle mentioned this idea in his recent vlog about the B tier he played recently where he was up 15 strokes in the final round. When you don't have consistent competition pushing you every round it is harder to play to your highest capabilities.

Paige is so much fun to watch. Her smooth power off the tee and her consistency through the fairway, and then her putting is at a whole different level. Long range putts where most everyone else is looking at a lay up, she is throwing for the basket all the way! I like the way Cat and Sarah have been challenging her in recent tournaments, but each of them have had melt downs at times. I will be rooting for Paige all season, but it will be tough for her to play to perfection every round.

I always thought valarie jenkins have the complete skillset to beat pierce. Best consistent putter inside circle. Had no problems outside circle either.
Decent drives both accuracy and length.

If lisa fajkus could improve her backhand drives she could be a real contender.

Val doesn't have Paige's distance, or putting skills. I've always been a fan, but the torch was passed years ago.

I agree that Fajkus could contend if she improves her drives, especially in distance.

Val doesn't have Paige's distance, or putting skills. I've always been a fan, but the torch was passed years ago.

I agree that Fajkus could contend if she improves her drives, especially in distance.

Agreed, she seems like she is so close...to getting better distance. But her strange head turn, with that anny/flex release, is holding her back imop. She needs to learn to release on a hyzer and hyzer flip understable discs for more distance imop.

Jennifer Allen has the d right now. If she can dial in her game from 200-250ft in, she will be a force to contend with.

And Rebecca Cox..wow..great power off the tee. If she can also dial in her short game she will be huge in FPO.

Agreed, she seems like she is so close...to getting better distance. But her strange head turn, with that anny/flex release, is holding her back imop. She needs to learn to release on a hyzer and hyzer flip understable discs for more distance imop.

Jennifer Allen has the d right now. If she can dial in her game from 200-250ft in, she will be a force to contend with.

And Rebecca Cox..wow..great power off the tee. If she can also dial in her short game she will be huge in FPO.

I was impressed with Rebecca Cox also, and we may see more of her as she shores up the consistency of her game. Lisa Fajkus is becoming a consistent top-tier FPO player, as well.

Maybe we need Catrina peaking and Sarah peaking threads ;). (Just kidding, and I named this one as I did out of humor.).

Rebecca Cox's Dad won the Worlds putting contest twice. He hardly ever misses. So she has a great teacher in that area. She'll be in the mix more and more as time goes on.

Rebecca seriously needs to sort out her backhand form though. She has mean snap but in the long run that may do some damage.

Maybe (your thoughts about Lisa Fajkus). But she is a 945 player right now.

No. Paige has a long way to go but I think Rebecca Cox is gonna surprise everybody. Lots of good ladies right now and honestly, fpo golf is getting more fun to watch as these ladies step up their games.

I was hoping this would be the year Jessica Weese steps up to challenge Paige but she's off to a slow start.

Paige's final round and tenacity to fight through the first two are commendable, but they really highlight the lack of competition in FPO. There is no way you should be able to play as poorly in the first two rounds as she did and have a chance to win.

You wonder how many championships Paige is going to win before the field grows and true competition starts to emerge, by that time she may be on the downslide of her prime. Kinda sad really, we may never know how good she really is without some true competition.

Kona is young and have made a BIG inprovment this year, she plays every round way above her rating. . .She might be able to beat Paige in a year o two

Here's a comparison between Paige and Lisa:

307x94h.jpg

Look how much better Paige is braced on the front hip compared to Lisa, who is not in a very athletic position and opening up the hips. Not being braced shows as that head turn you're talking about, she's losing a lot of distance and some accuracy there.

(from footage of 2018 W.A.C.O. | FPO R2 F9, Disc Golf Pro Tour)

Last edited:
Paige has almost perfect form :)

Kona has good form but it almost looks like she breaks her arm on every drive

16585479_1084282291700727_3424054031243280384_n.jpg

terrex-course-hole11-day3.jpg

Here's a comparison between Paige and Lisa:

307x94h.jpg

Look how much better Paige is braced on the front hip compared to Lisa, who is not in a very athletic position and opening up the hips. Not being braced shows as that head turn you're talking about, she's losing a lot of distance and some accuracy there.

(from footage of 2018 W.A.C.O. | FPO R2 F9, Disc Golf Pro Tour)

Hmmmm. And can't a similar comparison be made of any 975-rated player vs any 945-rated player? Paige has been playing disc golf likely ten years more than Lisa, even if they are close in age.

Gentlemen, ask cgkdisc. One key to long-term sustained excellence as a woman pro disc golfer is not getting married, not having another career, and not having kids. We haven't heard much from Ragna in a good while, have we? Chuck tells a lot of stories abut Julianna, Amy Bekken(sp?), and others from the b-i-t-day.

Last edited:
Getting married and having another career are definitely not drawbacks and likely beneficial. It's only the having kids before winning an FPO World Championship that has been the challenge so far.