• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Yeah, I ordered two weeks ago today so figured I would see if they had an update. Can't wait to get my new bag!

Do you remember the expected shipping time? Also, did you/are you going to make an internal frame?

Do you remember the expected shipping time? Also, did you/are you going to make an internal frame?

UPS ground so at least a few days. No, bag doesn't require an internal frame. From the looks of other internal frames, they create pressure points on the bottom of the bag and will accelerate wear and tear, similar to the Revolution frames.

There are several posts in his thread about making internal frame for the mahal. If I have one issue with the bag is that it tips over very easily, even on flat ground. I made a vey simple internal frame out of an old innova disc divider. I just cut if down and duct taped back together to fit the inside of the bag and it has helped. Does it need an internal frame no but having one does help

There are several posts in his thread about making internal frame for the mahal. If I have one issue with the bag is that it tips over very easily, even on flat ground. I made a vey simple internal frame out of an old innova disc divider. I just cut if down and duct taped back together to fit the inside of the bag and it has helped. Does it need an internal frame no but having one does help

Never had an issue with my bag tipping over. I'd rather have the bottom of the bag last longer without a frame rubbing on it constantly.

Of the 20+ Golf Mahals I see around our local mountain course I've never seen one that had a 'tipping' problem.

I've had the same tipping problem, but only when the side pockets are condensed. As long as the back of the bag faces uphill, it's fine in any configuration.

I had a zulu and an ergo. The zulu would tip over all the time. The ergo wasn't bad but that's because I lay it flat on it's back 9 times out of 10. I'm sure the mahal will be fine

Just got an e-mail saying my order has been fulfilled!
UPS tracking number and all...can't wait.

I always sit mine perpendicular to the hill. Building a bag frame helps.

Meh, this company has decades of bag building experience. If they don't see a need for an internal frame, neither do I.

I owned my first mahal for 2+ years and got used to setting the bag down with the yoke facing uphill after the first round. It was pretty self explanatory.

Got my new bag yesterday. I really like all of the upgrades with this version. And it's murdered out.

My last bag was purchased in 2011 and there have been a few tweaks to the design over the years.

The waist belt is now removable (which is a huge bonus since I never use it). There is a scorecard/pencil pocket. Large side pockets have larger zippers (I think the previous bag had smaller ones). Putter pocket holds three putters instead of two. There may be a few more but those are what I noticed initially.

I got mine yesterday and loaded it up, I completely agree that a frame isn't necessary. Everything seemed to fit very nicely. I absolutely love this bag but I definitely think I need to take more time to adjust the yoke/setup.

Could you actually fit 3 putters in your putter pocket? I felt mine was a roomy two but definitely not a three.

How long did it take you guys to get the yoke adjusted? And did you have another person help tighten it for you?

If someone has a picture of the bag on their back that would be great

Latest posts