• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Have I seen this mofo? Not yet.
But I found a used one and it should be here tomorrow (according to fedex). Just in time for some good rainy rounds this weekend.

I'll get some comparison pics with the Shift and Ergo in the next couple days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 127
rightways up?

Quick thoughts - 21 discs was compact and comfortable. It's heavier than a Shift or Ergo, but the load is well distrubted and carries well. Little tougher to get quickly on and off (the yoke makes slinging it over your second shoulder a bit more of a twisty maneuver). Carries just great on one shoulder as well.
I had room for everything I usually carry, plus way more room to spare. And there are zippered pockets inside pockets inside pockets for valuable stuff (wish it had a keey clip though).
It does not feel bulky and it is not as big as it looks when you see someone else carrying one.
The zippers are first quality. Evrything seems bombproof. I was told this one was well used, but it sure doesn't show any wear.

PS. Check out the sweet skull beads. And the delicious Rainier (yeah, tallboys; this thing will hold lots of tallboys). And the dry ground in October.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 89
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I'll get some comparison pics with the Shift and Ergo in the next couple days.

Could you do a compressed Mahal with the Shift for size comparison? I currently use a Shift and recently ordered a Mahal. The Mahal color I ordered is currently on back order until late November so I will have no way to see for myself until then :(

Side by side. Each with 17 discs (5 distance, 5 fairway, 4 mids, 3 putters) a towel and a water bottle.

Size wise, not too far apart. But I played 40 holes with 23 discs in the Mahal yesterday, which isn't possible with the Shift. Today, on the other hand, I'm going to use the Shift for a Rocs and putters practice round. They are different animals. The Shift is way lighter. The Mahal distributes the heavier load better. If I had to pick one, It'd have to be the Mahal since I live in Oregon and play cold wet rounds where I need clothes and hot liquids and lots of towels in the winter. That and I like messing around with stacks of discs sometimes.
If I lived someplace without those concerns, it'd be the Shift all day long.
Luckily I don't have to pick just one.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 245
Sure is. That's how I roll.
(It was the closest match to my water bottle that I had in my trunk.)

I live somewhere without those concerns :\

If 15-17 discs, water, couple beers, light jacket is how you roll, Shift is where it's at. You'll maybe go through two before the Mahal wears out, but two will cost the same as one Mahal.
However, Clashes and Craves fly great for me but I prefer Eagles and 'Birds because they've got soul. In the same way, I prefer the Mahal.
My 2 cents.

Best disc golf money I've ever spent.
22 discs, two thermoses of coffee, raincoat, water bottle, couple other things *cough*. 40 holes of pure comfort and convenience at Milo McIver on Saturday morning.
Really love my Mahal.

Attachments

• ooo.jpg
    ooo.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 105
Levi has also designed a new smaller pack, they gave the proto away at the Swards Ranch Classic this spring.(Missed it by 2 strokes:gross:) I overheard him and Christian discussing the logistics of how they wanted the final product and its gonna be a great compliment to the Mahal. I think it holds somewhere in the upper teens for # of discs.

Any news about a slightly smaller Mahal or did his idea of making something to compliment the mahal turn into building a disc golf fanny pack. (It's called a bum bag in England)

Last edited:
The Mahal, it carries what you want to bring.

I've used it for speedy rounds carrying 16 and slow afternoons carrying the kitchen sink, plus backups. I'm not sure what a smaller version would really bring to the table -- it scrunches up pretty small when you want it to.

Scrunches is a technical term.

Latest posts