• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Hawg

Name it something other than names that are already taken or anything that is close. Pig-Hawg. Innova should have a contest naming their discs. They tell us what it is and we submit entries to name it. Winner to get 5X of that new disc. Something other than what they're going through now. Roc-Roc+,Roc3,VRoc. What happened to the Roc2? Would that be the Roc+?

Yeah, same diameter as a Pig, but shallower with a narrower rim and very blunt, so almost lid-like possibly. I think the super wide rim is one of the defining features of the Pig that gives it the feel it has for driving (and also what makes it truly a mid, not a putter). Being shallower with a narrower rim and much blunter, I doubt this disc is going to replace the Pig. Even if it did, I think the Innova Factory store would probably continue selling their stiff pro Pigs, which are the only Pigs I buy anyway.

If you're looking for similar discs, the Harp, Zone, and VP all actually have similar rim configs (around 65, so not quite as high as this but much higher than the Pig). The Zone also matches the depth and rim thickness exactly. So this could also be a premium plastic driving putter to rival the most OS putters on the market (more OS than a Pig and with more skip).

Yeah, same diameter as a Pig, but shallower with a narrower rim and very blunt, so almost lid-like possibly. I think the super wide rim is one of the defining features of the Pig that gives it the feel it has for driving (and also what makes it truly a mid, not a putter). Being shallower with a narrower rim and much blunter, I doubt this disc is going to replace the Pig. Even if it did, I think the Innova Factory store would probably continue selling their stiff pro Pigs, which are the only Pigs I buy anyway.

If you're looking for similar discs, the Harp, Zone, and VP all actually have similar rim configs (around 65, so not quite as high as this but much higher than the Pig). The Zone also matches the depth and rim thickness exactly. So this could also be a premium plastic driving putter to rival the most OS putters on the market (more OS than a Pig and with more skip).

Is the Pig really a midrange though? I always thought it was slow and super beefy more putter range, maybe cause it didn't go far for me is why I considered it more putter then mid.

I do agree though, this disc can and should coexist with a Pig. I don't see the Rhyno or Gator going anywhere due to their popularity.

It looks like it could be super overstable Rhyno, same depth, blunter nose, wider wing. It all depends on the profile though. Just pure guesses right now on how it will fly.

Is the Pig really a midrange though? I always thought it was slow and super beefy more putter range, maybe cause it didn't go far for me is why I considered it more putter then mid.

Well Innova calls the Pig a putter. But it has a 1.4 cm rim and hence should be a 4 speed disc by Innova's scale which is a mid. If you've ever beaten a Pig in for a while they lose the hard fade and develop some very nice glide which makes them compete for a lot of mid shots. That's why I call the Pig a mid.

Well Innova calls the Pig a putter. But it has a 1.4 cm rim and hence should be a 4 speed disc by Innova's scale which is a mid. If you've ever beaten a Pig in for a while they lose the hard fade and develop some very nice glide which makes them compete for a lot of mid shots. That's why I call the Pig a mid.

I can second this, I also had a Champion as my main thrower and it's glide is surprisingly better than I imagined.

Innova would be wise to make a Zone clone....

Trilogy made the Harp.

There would be tons of overlap with the Gator flightwise, but they are very different discs in feel and design. "More than one way to skin a cat"

I have no real brand loyalty and the Zone works better for me than the Gator. That being said, I would rather have a Jolly Launcher Zone, and a GStar Zone.

Could that be the Hawg??

I HOPE SO!! If they are, and drop in JL Protos, I'm all on that.

I'm obligated as a Razorback fan to get one. I'm surprised someone hasn't name a disc "Razorback".

You don't already throw a pig? I mean, you could do this:

Attachments

• Pig dye.jpg
    Pig dye.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts