• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should get a book on critical reasoning. seriously

every post is nothing but non-sequiturs, appeals to motives, ad hominems, straw men, and red herrings. in case you've never heard of any of those things, they are called logical fallacies.

So then why is deep grass and woods marked OB? Nice try dude.

If anyone knows of an event where some of the baskets were raised or lowered between rounds, let me know. Even then, I doubt it would be possible to prove whether the effect is random or not.

All I know is that the DPGT thinks their elevated baskets add 0.3 to the score. However, it looked to me like the memorial used higher baskets than the DGPT does.

.3 for the avg player maybe. Not for the top players I don't think so. They make too many putts for it to make that big a difference. When you add in a bunch of advanced players the numbers get skewed. The are more likely to miss in the first place and then miss the comeback too.

It's sort of like the OB where the best players are not finding it but your avg 975 player is much more.

Sure it creates an even larger scoring separation between 975 and 1050, but do we even need too? I don't.

I'd like to see the best players challenged from teeshot to 25 footer.

If anyone knows of an event where some of the baskets were raised or lowered between rounds, let me know. Even then, I doubt it would be possible to prove whether the effect is random or not.

All I know is that the DPGT thinks their elevated baskets add 0.3 to the score. However, it looked to me like the memorial used higher baskets than the DGPT does.

I was just thinking of comparing putting percentages between standard baskets and raised baskets based on C2 and C1x. I would not expect tournaments to change baskets between rounds--but when they use portables, I guess it would be pretty easy to move them. Like BOLF changes hole locations.

I was just thinking of comparing putting percentages between standard baskets and raised baskets based on C2 and C1x. I would not expect tournaments to change baskets between rounds--but when they use portables, I guess it would be pretty easy to move them. Like BOLF changes hole locations.

The problem with raised baskets is it creates more layups because it's obviously much harder staying within 15-20 feet when running it. We saw several 3 putts from the aggressive putters. Guys flying by 35-40 feet, but I think overall that aggression pays off.

I think you are better going for most everything and 1 putting most with the occasion 3 putt versus laying it up which many did as well in spots, though less from the leaders or featured cards.

I would expect 3 putts to go up much more versus players simply missing the first putt, of course in theory.

to make all putting a layup and tap in. That's what you want.

That will narrow scores.

Nope you are going too far, did you watch the Memorial or the last few weeks? Because guys are flying by 30 feet constantly but as expected making the comeback.

Even with a Marksman basket if you layup and tap in you are not cashing. You will need to make putts. But you also don't want to go 35 by as the make percentage drops from ~75% to about ~58-60% (based on league numbers I calculated of course).

If you layup a 60% putt good luck making birdies. lol

to make all putting a layup and tap in. That's what you want.

That will narrow scores.

Also, you know you can putt chain height and stay within 15-20 feet right? Even 10 feet.

Guys are ripping putts on a line 35 feet by because like I said, their is little consequence to missing most of the time. How about trying to stay within close range. Putt with some height and touch. Not line drive everything which currently works, and does well.

.3 for the avg player maybe. Not for the top players I don't think so. They make too many putts for it to make that big a difference. When you add in a bunch of advanced players the numbers get skewed. The are more likely to miss in the first place and then miss the comeback too.

The DGPT does not set things up for the average player or a bunch of advanced players.

let me guess, you think the reason is the same in every case?

Anyways, mark deep woods and grass as hazard. Find the disc if you can within the time limit and either play it or go to where it last crossed in play. Not a fan of the OB rule and picking up the disc all the time when we should simply be playing from where it was thrown when possible.

Anyways, mark deep woods and grass as hazard. Find the disc if you can within the time limit and either play it or go to where it last crossed in play. Not a fan of the OB rule and picking up the disc all the time when we should simply be playing from where it was thrown when possible.

we need to implement a tree rule too

as in too many trees

It's sort of like the OB where the best players are not finding it but your avg 975 player is much more.

Sure it creates an even larger scoring separation between 975 and 1050, but do we even need too? I don't.

I'd like to see the best players challenged from teeshot to 25 footer.

You have multiple personalities in one post. You don't like that the scoring is .3 higher on average across the DGPT players.

You want to make putting harder...but not that much harder...which apparently it isn't that much harder for the top pros because...you believe it to be so. You want the goldilocks zone for harder putting and even though a solution exists, your unproven solution is the right choice.

Why would smaller baskets be any different in regards to scoring separation. The better players are typically better putters. Better drivers, and better in the scramble, so they would have shorter putts on average than the lower ranked players.

Oh...and now it's 25 feet that you want to be challenging. BUT, BUT, BUT, the bolfers rarely make 25 footers, so is that really going to be satisfactory? We need to get the top players in the world to 50% at 10 feet or nothing at all!

Party on goldilocks.

OK, I was just going off what Steve Dodge told me he used when figuring out how to set things up for 1020-rated players.

But, if you know better, please share your data.

HAHAHAHAHAHA DATA

Yeah good luck with that one. You'll be told to do a simple search in the forums because the data is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts