• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hi, Just started and looking for some pointers

To the OP: I've only seen one recommendation for the River thus far, but I'm going to advise against it at this point in your "career". The River is a great disc that you should get down the road, but at this point it's too nose angle sensitive for you. If you're throwing nose up it will take the same line as the discs you have. You should ultimately learn to throw nose down, but I think you should focus more on form with some mids before moving on to a disc like that River that will punish you severely for throwing it at the wrong nose angle. I've been playing for two years and I didn't do the research or start on these forums as early as I should have. I'm essentially starting over by doing all of my field work with putters and mids to fix the flaws that I developed from a lack of research and understanding. You're on the right track by asking questions and doing research. Go to the "technique" section of the forums and read the "sticky" at the top of the page. There's a lot there to keep you on the right track.

^this
Your best bet would be the leopard at this point;and keep working with it till you can make it do anything.