• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hope for Cubby

frasnow

Eagle Member
Sad story about the infamous Cubby. :thmbdown: Hopefully, the community can help him out.

https://www.gofundme.com/love-and-hope-for-carl-cubbedge

My Dad was out on the disc golf course Tuesday, May 2nd when he passed out. After regaining consciousness he then passed out again. After calling 911 my Dad was then transported to Robert Wood Johnson hospital in New Brunswick. Along the way he needs to be resuscitated 3 times. The doctors determined he needed surgery to removed blood clots that covered one full lung and 1/4 of his other lung. Because of the clots, the CPR he received along the way and the time it took to identify the problem, my Dad lost too much oxygen to his brain. My Dad has severe brain damage

Really sad story. I wish my experiences involving him were better, and didnt involve him going nuts on people for saying "cubby ace" on social media

Prayers to him and his family. I can't imagine the decision they will likely have to make. I've always been a fan of Cubby's and this really sucks to hear. :(

like it or not, he grew the sport.

Cubby exemplified the term "most fun wins". Fun is what sells our sport. He may have gotten more people into disc golf with those silly ace videos, than many of those top pros with their signature discs.

I'll be keeping him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Really sad story. I wish my experiences involving him were better, and didnt involve him going nuts on people for saying "cubby ace" on social media

+1

#cubbyace can now be safely used.

Last edited:
Here is an update from the GoFundMe site

Wow my family and I are just blown away by all the generosity of family and friends and especially those in the Disc Golf community!! I'm sitting here with Dad telling him all about his supporters and friends. Still waiting on him to get an MRI. It could be tonight or sometime in the morning. I've been playing Chicago on Pandora and singing to him tonight. He's looking well and getting rest for now so he can keep fighting!! More updates tomorrow.

Carl "Cubby" Cubbedge - Please Help!

Everyone, please take the time to help Cubby. Last week, Cubby collapsed while playing the game he loved and remains in serious condition.

For those who do not know, Cubby is one of the greatest ambassadors of our game. From Cubby Aces to Disc Golf Monthly, this man has given so much to our community.

Here is the link to the family's gofundme:

https://www.gofundme.com/love-and-hope-for-carl-cubbedge

Please share the link wherever possible.

Thats crazy, and terrible. DGMonthly was the first DG channel I started watching. "and theres your previous round highlights". I'm hoping for the best possible outcome for Cubby. Prayers to him for recovery and strength for the family.

Merged these two threads....

My heart goes out to cubby... the infamous Cubby Ace originator

Sending good vibes

This is so sad to hear especially because his videos helped get me into disc golf seriously. And it happened on my birthday when i almost got a skip ace using a firebird and instantly thought of all of his skip aces with Firebirds. Get well Cubby.

From his daughter:

This update sucks and I hate it ! I hate this!!!!!!!!!!!
The new doctor we had come in for a second opinion, seems to think Dad will remain in the state he is now, forever, he is in an "Alpha Coma" .........
I think that's bull**** and I don't care what anybody says or what science says, a Miracle will prevail and he will have a full recovery! That's the only option here, so we need all the prayers, POSITIVE thoughts, spirits, and cosmic energy we can get to keep coming full force!!! Anybody who knows my dad , even for a day, knows his PASSION for living and life itself is off the charts!!! This Incredible Man I'm so blessed to call my Father, deserves life! His time here is NOT done yet! BELIEVE! You have to BELIEVE!

Love what Cubby and Jimmy did for disc golf, as the real pioneers of commentary for DGM for so long. Very thankful for their efforts. I know they both contributed in a lot of other ways, and even though I'm not in their region I'm thankful for their efforts, and I know a lot of other people are as well.

I can only wish Cubby, and his family, the best outcome.

Latest posts