• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you organize your discs in bag?

I have 20 discs. I keep 5 in the top pocket, my Pig, Roc3, Star Mamba, Hades, and the current hot disc. At this time it's a light weight Star Mamba. All other discs not arrange in the main compartment. I pretty much recognize them, except my Star Valkyrie and Star Wraith are the exact same red. Today I grabbed what I thought was the Wraith for an up and over hyzer and it took off further than normal. When I got to the disc, it was the Valkyrie. Need to pay more attention, and the Valkyrie is no long on the on deck circle when I need that type of throw.

I go fastest to slowest as I use discs with second in the line most OS to least OS in bag if I have a few discs at same speed or distance for me. My DX Dragon I just put where a 8 speed will go despite throwing the disc further then most other discs in my bag, due in part to the discs only being ~150 grams.

I keep putters for main putting in a putter pocket on my Athetico Powershot backpack that has Vertex Angler seat attached to bag. Before I kept my two most used putting putters in a slot on my old Discraft Tournament single strap.

Last edited:
Speed and stability (per mold). Small bag is faster/more overstable toward the front, big bags faster/overstable are towards the left.

Categorized by distance/control/fairway drivers, mids, and putters. My understable Cannon is farther left than my most overstable Xcaliber because all the Cannons need to be together. My most "understable" Drone is left of a fresh Ghost or Wasp for the same reason (even though the freshies are more overstable than my 12yo Drone in flight).

I put my 2 throwing putters in the putter pocket. Everything gets in where it fits in.

If I have discs the same color, they are either easily differentiated (Roc from a Teebird) or similar enough that I'm going to have to look anyway (Crank vs Beast).

Using a bag is just too much trouble, so I carry three discs in my hand. This makes organization pretty simple. I'll start a round with the driver on top, the mid in the middle and the putter on the bottom. This order gets shuffled a bit in the course of a round because I just put the last disc thrown on the bottom of the stack and move on.

Using a bag is just too much trouble, so I carry three discs in my hand. This makes organization pretty simple. I'll start a round with the driver on top, the mid in the middle and the putter on the bottom. This order gets shuffled a bit in the course of a round because I just put the last disc thrown on the bottom of the stack and move on.

But if you finish the hole with your putter,
then put it on the bottom,

aren't you afraid of losing it in the pile if you want to drive with your putter...?

:D

Lunacy. Everyone knows it goes driver on bottom, mid in middle and putter on top. That way you always know which disc is where.

Perhaps you are new to the sport. I've been using my method for 35+ years, you should give it a try, it's definitely the best way. Lol

standard Innova bag. 8-10 discs. three slots: fairway/mid/putter. I don't throw any distance drivers, as I'm not man enough.

standard Innova bag. 8-10 discs. three slots: fairway/mid/putter. I don't throw any distance drivers, as I'm not man enough.

I also don't throw anything fast. My ESP Impact is my most used disc. There's no sense in throwing a disc faster than needed.

Grip BX
putting putters in sepereate compartment from my throwing putters
Main compartment is organized from left to right by speed, and then within the speed category the molds are divided alphabetically. Multiple molds are broken down again alphabetically by plastic and then by color if such is needed. I rarely need to go beyond that, but it then goes by stamp color and then by weight if a tie still persists.

I use a MVP voyager bag. I roughly arrange them by speed. Always keep drivers/mids/putters separated by the little divider things I yanked out of my Innova starter bag. Drivers on the left, mids in the middle, putters to the right, sons discs to the farthest right (only 1-2 discs). Two putting putters up on top.

I like my most-often used discs, excluding putters, to be in the middle of the bag to start a round. Do they stay in the middle? Matters how often I grab a lesser-used disc and how well I do at putting them back on alternating sides of the middle. I tend to put discs back randomly.

I've found this helps me in terms of picking a disc. Start in the middle and stop visually scanning when I find a disc that works for the shot. The middle discs are neutral to US discs (Truth, FD, Escape, Shryke).

Grip c15
Left to right, drivers>fairways>mids>putters
Pair of putting putters in the putter pocket.

Same here but in a Grip A series. 4 putters jammed in the top and my Zone in the middle slot. Or else identical.

Two putters up top.
Three throwing putters on the left inside. Mids in the MIDdle. Drivers to the right.

In Grip C or B
4-5 putters on top.

L-R: Typically top of disc faces the left of facing the bag.
Distance/Control/Mids/(putter, maybe)/Fairways

Like the mids in the middle.

High-to-low speed left-to-right. Within the same speed generally OS-US-neutral left-to-right, but I'm not super neurotic about that as long as the speeds are in order. All of the putters that I carry fit either in the top pocket or the front pouch, so none go in the main compartment. I bag about 25 discs and use a Prodigy BP-2 V3.

Latest posts