• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] How many fairway/control drivers do you use?

How many fairway/control drivers do you carry?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 2.6%

Votes: 17 7.2%

Votes: 52 22.1%

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 95 40.4%

• Total voters
I carry 4 to 5 at times
From Over to Understable
Villain
Striker
2 Saints 1 Opto 1 GL
Underworld / Leopard - still deciding between the two

3 molds if you're including firebirds. 2 otherwise.

Flattop Glow Firebird - Utility disc, sharp hyzers and skips
Domey Champ Firebird - Headwind drives

Brinster Bird - distance drives that I need to go straight and finish left
Champ Teebird - distance drives that go dead straight with a slight finish left
Beat Champ teebird - hyzer flips / turnovers
Champ leopard - more stable than the beat champ teebird, tunnel and low ceiling shots

:thmbup: Same exact setup as me

I didnt realize they count, but then 7 for me, because I also have a heavy Star Firebird and a light Z Flick in the bag. :doh:

Banshee (OS), Gazelle (S), Saint (S), Leopard or Avenger SS (US). Hardly ever throw the Saint because of overlap, but it still gets a spot in the bag because I like hauling excess weight through the woods.

Roadrunner, two firebirds, 2-3 eagles, 2-3 leopards.

I only throw destroyers when the hole is 400'+.

1-3 rivers, 2-3 eagles, n volt
-testing an amp and leopard but i dont think they got what it takes to beat out the rivers from my bag
-going to be trying out a p volt and champ RR later this month

that's a wide range of speed, pretty much counts my fairway and "distance" drivers.
Teebird / Leopard
Firebird / OLF / Roadrunner

So 5 in that range, but also 5 total driver molds.

Shock (OS utility, headwind driver)/Striker (HSS, straight D)/Amp (Long annys/S shots).

I've trialed an N Volt, *Teebird, Ch TL and C-FD as well, but I like the Striker best thus far as my stable fairway.

2 molds leopard and firebird. Firebird is more of a utility thing(OH, FH, super headwind on 325' and less holes) I got 2 in the bag..the leopard is my go to disc though I got 5 in the bag right now, 3 in pro from roller status to brand new, and 2 in Champ for more stability when I'm sure the new Pro will flip. I can also FH roll the the freshest of the champ leopards.

I Carry 7 but only 4 molds. I carry 2 N volts, one that will turn ever so much if I crank on it, and one that doesn't turn at all thrown flat. I also carry a P volt for volt lines into a headwind. Then I have two shocks, one for backhand and one for thumbing. Next is a 9X KC Teebird that I use for hyzerflip to flat and also "Riverish" turnover lines. Lastly, I have a Pro Firebird but I hardly throw it as it's just standard OOP Pro plastic and flies more like an orc that a Firebird.

I'm currently at 8-ish.
I've capped my disc speed to work on form/accuracy
4/5 Rivers
-Light GL (Straight-flippy)
-Heavy GL (Beat flippy)
-161 Opto (Fliptastic, might boot the light GL out.)
-164 Opto (Good HSS, will flip sometimes)
-172 Opto (Great HSS, doesn't flip too often for me yet)

Stag incoming- Looking to replace the volts with something slower

N Volt
P Volt

N Shock- (Headwind hyzer disc)

Trident (Used more as a mid/OH utility disc)

I Have in order of stability 10x kc pro cheetah for 90 degree hyzer flips and rollers up to 425ft, opto river, jk pro valkyrie and z xtreme. I had a couple others like predator and talon but were not using them. I put a stable crush in my bag and get my buzzz out as far as alot of the fairways so mostly my fairways are understable

I only carry 3; old reliable 11x champ eagle, fresh 12x champ eagle, beat 12x champ eagle. They cover almost every line I need and I love that the feel in the hand is always the same.

depends on the criteria, so i'll just throw em all out there:

175g 11x Firebird (yall know what i'm talkin about)
175g S-PD (freshish)
175g S-PD (seriously beat up. first pd right here)
175g P-PD (seasoned turning or hyzerfliper)
175g S-FD (freshish)
168g S-FD (beaten in and super flippy, great for tight standstills)

i also have a 175g C-FD that makes some appearances, but overlaps with my fresh PD quite a bit, just shorter. for that shot i'll just power down my beaten in PD.

To the OP: I hope the Air Stag will work out for you so you wouldn't have to get another mold. I personally prefer having fewer molds to deal with. However if it doesn't, I would suggest a lighter champ/star Leopard or a heavier River. These seem to be popular suggestions though but they're really good at what they do.

I carry 3 molds in this category

Teebirds
Leopards
Firebird(s)

I'm pretty new to Teebirds. My first one was an Echo Star, which was really nice. I lost it after a few weeks of use. Bought a Star TB and it's more stable, I have yet to beat it in. I also have a Brinster that I carry sometimes, and a Glow champ which is pretty close to my Star stabilitywise.
I use my Teebirds to straight with fade, anhysers that flex out, hysers... works well in to a headwind too.

I really like a flippy fairway driver. I have a Pro Leo that is pretty flippy, I use it for tight fairways (hyserflip) or when I need a turnover shot. I have a newish Pro that is pretty straight but has a bit of turn to it if thrown hard. I also have a Champ that is just really straight. Not a lot of turn to it.

And lastly Firebirds, though I don't count it as a fairway because of its speed. I use then for tight hysers, headwinds, FH rollers, skips, flex shots, spikes...
I usually carry a flatish Champ that goes straight for a while before fading and a new flat 12x for mean OS stuff.
I'm actually switching between Banshees and Firebirds but at the moment I'm having Firebirds in my bag :)

5 if you count the TL as seperate from the Teebird. If not, then 4.

But Im thinking about ditching the Shocks. Lots of overlap there.

Latest posts