• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many of you are using the Teva Riva Event Shoes for Disc Golf?

dekdo

Double Eagle Member
http://www.rei.com/product/789077/teva-riva-event-shoes-mens

I am definitely in the market for some new shoes.. my nike running shoes have just about come to the end of their days. The main issue being the toe area on my left foot.. Its nearly non-existent.

These Teva Riva Event shoes seem to have some good reviews and seem to be pretty solid.. I am planning to try them on at REI soon, but I was curious too see how they are holding up for some of you.

my brother used to wear these alot. we both are larger guys who beat hard on our shoes. he usually would get 9 months out of them. about the same as Keens, better than Merrells. they would def be good for disc

I've been using my teva's or quite a while. I love them. From casual shoes, to hiking, to disc golf. There pretty awesome. I'm on my second pair and will soon be getting two more (just for hiking/casual). The only pair I retired lasted about 2 years between work, backcountry hiking in Yosemite some 250 miles, and dg.

Love mine, highly recommend. I have the mesh version though, non-waterproof. (sprayed with waterproofer which helped a ton.)

If you live near a Shoe Carnival they sell the mesh version fo 80 bucks usually.

good to hear, it doesnt sound like the keens are very durable so thats kind of what led me to these.

It would be nice to have the toe protection that keens offer, but these tevas dont seem too bad in terms of toe protection.

Well I've had Riva event shoes for about a month now and I'm not sure why I didn't bother to get shoes like this sooner. My grip is always there and I never have to worry about slipping. I think they have really helped my game, good grip on the ground matters more than I realized.

Just ordered a pair off Amazon for that price. I needed new shoes in a bad way anyway, and figured why not?

Just ordered a pair off Amazon for that price. I needed new shoes in a bad way anyway, and figured why not?

Good call, I did the same. These things have been working out great.

Late to the party but...

I've had these shoes for 2 years, wear them everyday for work and occasionally for disc. Great shoe and very comfortable.

I bought a pair a couple of months ago. I really don't have any complaints other than they were a little narrow for my feet so I bought a pair of Keens. One thing I noticed about the Events is that they have a rocking (or rolling) motion when you take a step which made walking long distances very comfortable.