• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] How many putter molds do you carry?

How many putter molds do you carry?

Votes: 50 21.5%

Votes: 99 42.5%

Votes: 57 24.5%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • All of the putters!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I throw an Envy and a Zone.

I putt with Anodes, and I'll throw them too. I suspect the Proxy will replace the Anodes since I love the feel of the Envy, but it's a little too dumpy for putts (for me).

Tres. XLM Summit for all putts, DX Polecat for chain running and a P Breaker for ham fisted runs and very seldom windy day putter.

I'm excited for the new MVP base plastic. After putting with a Summit for so long, trying to putt with premium plastic feels awful and easily the biggest weakness in my all MVP-Axiom bag.

I carry 4 polecats and 3 kc aviars. I don't know why. The more I drive with my polecats the less I bother using my kc aviars.
Yeah, Polecat knocked the Ion out of my full-time bag, never thought was possible.
3 molds

2x Wizard - Putt and Approach, occasional drive
2x Breaker - Driving, one beat, one fresh
1x Zone - Beef
Breaker and Zone? Watch out, we've got a badass over here. :p I'm always talking myself out of getting another Zone, they're neat.

Tres. XLM Summit for all putts, DX Polecat for chain running and a P Breaker for ham fisted runs and very seldom windy day putter.

I'm excited for the new MVP base plastic. After putting with a Summit for so long, trying to putt with premium plastic feels awful and easily the biggest weakness in my all MVP-Axiom bag.

Yeah, Polecat knocked the Ion out of my full-time bag, never thought was possible.

Breaker and Zone? Watch out, we've got a badass over here. :p I'm always talking myself out of getting another Zone, they're neat.

The Zone is very utilitarian. I rarely drive with it, unless I need to hit a huge turn.

I use 3 molds.

Gateway Soft Magic for my mini Comet drives.

Dynamic Discs Lucid Judge for my stable drives.

Gateway Eraser Wizard for Hyzer Putts and Windy putts.

2 Dynamic Discs Classic Blend Judges as my main putters.

(2) Big Bead Aviars
(2) Beadless Aviars
(1) Zone

Putting
JK Pro

Drives/Approaches from understable to overstable
DX P&A (Beat in)
Star P&A
Star BB
Zone

SSS Voodoo
SSS Voodoo
Evo Voodoo
VP

So two.

More importantly, they both start with V. It is the letter of the day.

5 discs, 2 molds.
2 Putting Thumbtrac Birdies
2 Driving Thumbtrac Birdies
1 Pig (For now its a pig, but the gator is also being tested)

I voted 3 since the Zone is classified as a putter.

Usually I would carry 4-5 Wizards (2 of which are strictly putting duties), 1-2 Magics, and 1 Zone.

4 molds for me. An extremely broken in Ion(mostly a lucky charm), a newish Anode, an Envy, and I just bagged a Formula 1 as my main putting putter.(replaced my SSS Wizard).:D

I only carry 2 putter molds at the moment but 4 putters in total

166 N Envy x2 - Main putter, Tailwind drives, Anny drives
175 Soft N Envy - Jump Putts, Windy days, approach, get out of trouble
175 N Envy - Main driving putter, Forhand rollers, Overhands
175 3x Yeti - Doesn't get too much use now that the Envys are starting to fall in place, Doubt this one will be in the bag for much longer

I uses rhynos.

175 flat old onterio DX very beat and goopy/gummy. driving straight to right/straight to no fade/touch shots.

175 flat new DX (super stiff CFR feels like KC) putting only

175 flat/puddle top firm pro (proshop release) driving straight to left

175 flat old pro rhyno sits in my bag looking pretty, serves as a back up.

BTW this past year I spent the majority of my funny money in 2014 hoarding rhynos that the northern waters tour series had stamped for the 2013 championship. they're labeled as "flat top DX rhyno" in the CFR sticker.. they are AWESOME!!

Is this something that will ever make it into production?

why don't they "flat top" all of them,champion plastic included?

the current DX rhynos all seem to have that gross dome and waxy plastic, while the ones I got are all board flat and stiff...

I like all of my putting/driving putters to feel the same save for texture.

Judges and pures all the way. Have a Fuzion judge for driving classic for putting. Use them on windy days or when I need something a little more OS. Have an opto pure and a hard pure for everything else.

I originally said '2' putter molds but I had to add one that I tried to part with. I added the PA4 back in my bag because I just can't throw the Banger on a FH. The bead is just too annoying. The Banger is perfect for putting and BH approaches/short drives. PA4 is perfect for FH lasers. So....3 molds.

Last edited:
just one for me, long ago it was jk's and then years with kc's but now yeti has stolen the show. it drives and approaches great and rotates amazing

2 almost fully beat
2 only a couple months old

I will add two more next summer and just rock one of each (fresh, beat, dead)

I carry 4 molds right now, with three being go to molds. the polecat is a tester.

bb aviar (jk or kc depending on climate)
rhyno (champ, pro, sometimes a tank)
XD (glow champ, r pro, dx)
polecat (r-pro)

I tend to carry 6-7 putters made up of a combo of what's listed above

I've been struggling with this. I was at 2 for a minute, but added more. I generally use putters for anything within 250' so they come out a lot.
Currently I have 5 bagged.
Jokeri - running putter
Warden - parking putter
Ion - OTC putter
Judge - Approach only
Summit - approach/situational anhyzer putts/downhill putts/ drop shots

It seems obsessive, the trick is knowing when to pick which putter, but my scores are generally better when I carry all of them, although I have played several rounds where only 1-2 of them are used. Typically the Jokeri, and Warden.

I've been struggling with this. I was at 2 for a minute, but added more. I generally use putters for anything within 250' so they come out a lot.
Currently I have 5 bagged.
Jokeri - running putter
Warden - parking putter
Ion - OTC putter
Judge - Approach only
Summit - approach/situational anhyzer putts/downhill putts/ drop shots

It seems obsessive, the trick is knowing when to pick which putter, but my scores are generally better when I carry all of them, although I have played several rounds where only 1-2 of them are used. Typically the Jokeri, and Warden.

you really should learn how to stick to one, maybe two molds for putters

Latest posts