• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How would you play this hole?

Just saw your list of discs in the disc family portrait thread. Your Star TL 175 can be darn straight with a slight late fade if you throw flat-ish with a good bit of snap. So knowing your discs my recommendations are;

1) S Wizard
2 star TL

I had considered that too. I got the TL for Christmas and haven't played that course with it yet. The only thing I'm worried about with the TL is over-shooting it and ending up in a real bad spot. You can't really tell from the photos cause it's the dead of winter but there is a tree to the right of the basket and if you end up behind it it's pretty much a guaranteed extra stroke. Since I can get my Spider up there (at least to hit the wall pretty hard) I worry that the TL won't fade in time to stay in a good position for 2. Not that that matters much right now since I have yet to get up there off the tee. It will happen soon though. I just need to get off my butt, suck it up, and do the drills Blake has written up in the Training Assignments section to work on shaping lines without full power. Thanks for the advice.

If its a range your spider can reach (when you make it over the wall) the tl should still have a bit of fade, especially on a high line needed to make it up that hill.

i would say that anyones main concern on that hole is to throw something to make sure they make it over the wall. you should be hitting a tree before or more often then hitting the wall.

masterbeato said:
with a wizard you can pretty much gauruntee a wall hit!hehe

Ok "masterbeato" I am going to bow down to your wisdom. Obviously I should be taking everything you are willing to dish out as gospel. :) I've been watching your vids. I'm playing this course tomorrow and I'm going to play my TL and hopefully get up there. I will get throwing my Wizard, Spider, and TL on video and kill two birds with one stone. We'll see how I execute and you guys can rip my form to shreds. Just bear in mind I'm still pretty new (I started this year around the end of may) and I just switched from driving forehand to trying to drive backhand. Anyone wanna tell me if I should post the video here or start a new thread in the video critique section?

jakee said:
masterbeato said:
with a wizard you can pretty much gauruntee a wall hit!hehe

Ok "masterbeato" I am going to bow down to your wisdom. Obviously I should be taking everything you are willing to dish out as gospel. :) I've been watching your vids. I'm playing this course tomorrow and I'm going to play my TL and hopefully get up there. I will get throwing my Wizard, Spider, and TL on video and kill two birds with one stone. We'll see how I execute and you guys can rip my form to shreds. Just bear in mind I'm still pretty new (I started this year around the end of may) and I just switched from driving forehand to trying to drive backhand. Anyone wanna tell me if I should post the video here or start a new thread in the video critique section?
If you want some critique then post it in the critique section so others that may not be paying attention to this thread will smell what you're cooking. You could also post a link from here to that critique thread for extra bro points.

Dig It said:
If you want some critique then post it in the critique section so others that may not be paying attention to this thread will smell what you're cooking. You could also post a link from here to that critique thread for extra bro points.

Cool. Will do. Thanks!

No dice on the camera. My friend didn't bring it and my 10 month old broke mine a while back. I will have to get video another day. The results? Wizard hit the wall. Spider hit the tree on the left. TL bit the dust 3 times in a row. I don't know why but for whatever reason when I threw my TL I could not for the life of me get it to go UP. It just hit the dirt in front of me every time. Ah well. Next time.

You're right that a forehand anhyzer flex-like shot can work sweet lines like the one you would need on that hole, but you have to throw over-stable plastic, and on that line you have to hit exactly the right angle, since this kind of throw is very sensitive to errors. One of the women locals at DeLaveaga throws pin-point accurate forehand shots (I saw her deuce a 450' hole using long accuracy alone), but for most of us mortals it is too difficult.

JHern said:
You're right that a forehand anhyzer flex-like shot can work sweet lines like the one you would need on that hole, but you have to throw over-stable plastic, and on that line you have to hit exactly the right angle, since this kind of throw is very sensitive to errors. One of the women locals at DeLaveaga throws pin-point accurate forehand shots (I saw her deuce a 450' hole using long accuracy alone), but for most of us mortals it is too difficult.

I'll happily agree with that statement. I ALMOST made it with my TL yesterday. Hit the wall but stayed up there! Denied by the rim when I shot for deuce though. Hehe.

jakee said:
JHern said:

I'll happily agree with that statement. I ALMOST made it with my TL yesterday. Hit the wall but stayed up there! Denied by the rim when I shot for deuce though. Hehe.
Keep throwing that TL at it...great idea. I have a 150g Dx Shark i would try and flex through there as well. Interesting shot, thanks for the mental challenge.

I'd throw a putter if there was no wind. Depending on wind direction it would be a mid with the necessary stability to negotiate the line.

Latest posts