• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hydration System

OLAD

Bogey Member
Has anyone ever seen a bag with a built in hydration system like the CamelBak? Has anyone modified a bag to hold one? This seems like an obvious idea for bag makers, but can't find a bag specifically designed with this in mind.

no but I like your thinking ... time to go work on modding my bag. I have a problem lol.

I would rather have a bag that had a small cooler section, though the hydration system is an interesting idea.

I have some beverage additions to bags, but until I get them done I am keeping quiet.

It would be sweet if you could get a camelbak in the bag, and a straw that comes up to the shoulder strap

I was thinking more along this line..

I like it!

I also looked to see if there was a camelbak that would work as quads. I can't find any that have attachment points that would work. Haven't seen a camelbak that could easily be attached to quads either.

im sure you could fit a [smaller] camelbak reservoir in a bag. Camelbak doesnt seem to make anything other than a backpack or fannypack styled pack. I'm a fan of the one strap bag for the easy on easy off - if they made a courier syled bag (satchel) so the hose went up the strap would be decent.

I now like using my oversize fade tourney bag - i dedicate half of it to a bag filled with beers - but like someone mentioned earlier - if they made half of it into a cooler from the start would be pretty boss

The best thing I've seen is to start with a camel-bak equipped back pack and modify it to be a disc golf bag. That's much easier than the other way around. A lot of sporting goods stores have A) lots of backpacks and B) at least 10-20 golf discs.

Walk to the disc golf part of the store, pick up all the discs, and take them to the backpack part of the store. Start shoving discs into Camel-Bak equipped bags until you find one that works well for disc golf. Be creative.

There are some rumors on other forums that the upcoming Gorilla Boy backpack bag may have space for what you are talking about... no confirmed details or pictures yet that I have seen, though about half a dozen people have testing models on the courses, but I haven't seen one yet, and the people that have them are sworn to secrecy. But I'd guess it's likely. So if you don't like the make-you-own bag approach above, I'd wait a few months and you will likely have a Gorilla Boy option if you want it.

The problem I have with CamelBaks is that they really only do well with water -- anything else becomes a pain to clean out. And when I'm playing disc golf, I usually like to have water and Gatorade and/or Mt. Dew -- or some concoction of all three -- CamelBaks don't clean well with combinations.

Even a lot of CamelBak bottles don't do well with concoctions including anything with carbonation -- the carbonation builds up and bursts out all over your discs. I spent an entire tournament playing with Mt.Dew soaked discs one time when my I tried to keep Dew in a CamelBak water bottle. Best water bottles I've found so far are the large VitaWater bottles (slightly narrower than Gatorade bottles, so they fit better in bag pockets)... they are cheap, easy to reuse, and I've never had one spill on me no matter what I put in it.

That's true, I once put wop in a camelbak and it was ruined forever...everything tasted like everclear and bad fruit punch.

You Could just get a bag that has some nice big water bottle holes, and get a straw like the Camelbak's use. Strap the water bottle's in, and run the straw up through the bag strap. I would think that would be very similar and a little less hassle. If you wanted to, you could even permanently attach the water bottle's to the bag.

x2_1e9f5cd

Just rigged up a 70oz camelpak to my Gateway bag. Run the tube up the phenix straps, still can carry a 32oz of additional water and a 32oz of gatorade, without compromising my 3 putter slots and internal frame of 20 discs.

The Gorilla Boy Simian can hold a bladder and hydration system. It's designed to hold one, although I haven't used my camelback with it yet. You can put the bladder in either side pocket, then run the hose up the straps. It's the only disc golf bag that I know of on the market that was designed with this in mind.

theres a pouch for one in the area closest to the users back too, correct? i cant imagine what else that pouch was designed for.:\

The Gorilla Boy Simian can hold a bladder and hydration system. It's designed to hold one, although I haven't used my camelback with it yet. You can put the bladder in either side pocket, then run the hose up the straps. It's the only disc golf bag that I know of on the market that was designed with this in mind.

I can confirm this. I've used my camelbak with my simian a few times(shoulda used it yesterday...)the stock straps are setup for the tube :)

when i used the Innvoa discarrier bag, i put a small cooler/lunchbox in the center, and discs on both sides of it. using the dividers the bag came with as a frame for the cooler. or you can do what my buddy did, and modify a ball golf cart to hold your bag, your partners bag, a full size cooler, stereo, up to 4 coats, and a bunch of pockets from the back of jean shorts...it's ridiculous but it's nice to be his partner during leagues

If I'm not mistaken, can't the Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal use a bladder/hydration system as well?

If I'm not mistaken, can't the Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal use a bladder/hydration system as well?

yes....the straps are set up for it. The bladder would go in one of the umbrella holding pockets. It isn't perfect and I haven't tried it yet, but it should be feasible

I went this thought process last weekend as I do not like how my Carolina team bag rides on my back with only one 32 oz water. For now I just fill both of my bottles half way to even the load. Has anyone tried to put a small Camelbak bladder in a team carolina bag?

I simply use the Brother-In-Law method, being since my bro in law likes to drink beer, I have him carry an ice chest that way, I always have access to a cold beer and or gatorade.

Latest posts