• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

Are they samples of colored concrete? I get a lot of them from work but never thought of that.

I'm a part of they. I don't have to much time to help around the local courses but the course at the house is a giant pain in my a$$. I'm fixing to sell the house so if anybody wants to play it before we move let me know. South of burleson tx about 30 mins.

Are they samples of colored concrete? I get a lot of them from work but never thought of that.
A local concrete contractor built several forms at his place and fills them with leftover concrete from his jobs. He donates them to our club. All we have to do is go get them and install. The only catch is we don't get to choose colors.

A local concrete contractor built several forms at his place and fills them with leftover concrete from his jobs. He donates them to our club. All we have to do is go get them and install. The only catch is we don't get to choose colors.

I think the randomly multi-colored tees could add a bit of character.

I think they look awesome multi-colored. FWIW.

Doing it in blocks like that must make it very easy to customize a tee-box to whatever size/dimension/shape you need.

Definitely a sweet deal you guys have.

I don't volunteer as much as I should but I'm one to say something like...

"Oh no! THEY moved the baskets to the long placements!"

I think they look awesome multi-colored. FWIW.

Doing it in blocks like that must make it very easy to customize a tee-box to whatever size/dimension/shape you need.

Definitely a sweet deal you guys have.

Yea a few holes will be an extra 2 blocks longer, making them 4x12.
Free is the best part of the deal.

We are in the process of placing railroad ties for steps and walkways and mulch on the course for erosion and safety where the hills are steep and get really slick. Just a small core group does the work. Everyone "wants" to help but never does. FYI, I talked to the electric company and they chip/shred all the tops of the trees they cut and have nowhere to dump the "mulch". We got 2 huge loads dropped this week. We should have any muddy spot mulched before summer gets here.

Good source for free delivered mulch its worth asking.

Just a shout out to the "they" who are putting in concrete pads for the silver tees at Oregon Park in Marietta.

Thanks guys.

FYI, I talked to the electric company and they chip/shred all the tops of the trees they cut and have nowhere to dump the "mulch". We got 2 huge loads dropped this week. We should have any muddy spot mulched before summer gets here.

Good source for free delivered mulch its worth asking.
Thanks for the tip. We need all the mulch we can get this year.

They count the number of cuts, bruises, and scratches after the weekend...not birdies. They carry safety glasses and loppers in their car at all times.

They count the number of cuts, bruises, and scratches after the weekend...not birdies. They carry safety glasses and loppers in their car at all times.
HAHA, no doubt.......... I carry hand clippers and a folding saw in my bag. Never know when you gotta prune an outta control poison ivy vine.

The club that had existed at my home course collapsed due to infighting about four years ago, and all the theys stopped doing. Two years ago I took it upon myself to become a they and the strife began.

I could go on and on with the issues I have had with the members of the defunct club who now don't do anything, but have issue with someone who does.

The crowning example: I fund-raised for a new basket to go in an old sleeve that had not been used in years. I put the basket in. Less than A week later the lock had been broken off, the basket was pulled out and tossed on its side, and the sleeve was damaged so that a pole could not be slid into it or the flange used to secure a lock. An old club member did not like that position.

The club that had existed at my home course collapsed due to infighting about four years ago, and all the theys stopped doing. Two years ago I took it upon myself to become a they and the strife began.

The crowning example: I fund-raised for a new basket to go in an old sleeve that had not been used in years. I put the basket in. Less than A week later the lock had been broken off, the basket was pulled out and tossed on its side, and the sleeve was damaged so that a pole could not be slid into it or the flange used to secure a lock. An old club member did not like that position.

That sounds more like a vandal that should be strung up than an EX-they.

I recently took on the task of moving baskets at my local course and have already overheard grumblings. We went from having them moved once every 1-2 months if we were lucky to me getting out there every Monday and moving 6 baskets each time. After moving them yesterday, I played through a card of 2 and heard one of the guys say, "well that's lame, why did they move that one there?"
I'll learn to play along and have some fun with it though. After all, its not "me" moving them, it's "they."

After helping with a course redesign last year, I learned you can't make everyone happy, and you should count yourself lucky if you make anyone happy!

I recently took on the task of moving baskets at my local course and have already overheard grumblings. We went from having them moved once every 1-2 months if we were lucky to me getting out there every Monday and moving 6 baskets each time. After moving them yesterday, I played through a card of 2 and heard one of the guys say, "well that's lame, why did they move that one there?"
I'll learn to play along and have some fun with it though. After all, its not "me" moving them, it's "they."

Although I might make a comment like that, the truth is I love seeing baskets being moved. It's like having a whole new course to play!

Latest posts